5.0 out of 5 stars The Day My Bum Went Psycho
My son Alex is Dyslexic and has been a reluctant reader. He borrowed this book from his cousin and could not put it down. Alex says: "This is a great book for young readers, it is really enjoyable and it made me laugh out loud. I would recommend it to anybody. I am really eager to read all of Andy Griffiths books now!"
Published on 6 Aug 2002 by Dave Sexton

1.0 out of 5 stars A gross-out book which is far too gross - do not buy!
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by John

5.0 out of 5 stars The Day My Bum Went Psycho, 6 Aug 2002
Dave Sexton (Grays, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars a breath of fresh air!, 9 July 2007
ruth e gladwin (York, N Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
This book is not for the easily offended - but I think that's a compliment. I have been reading bedtime books with my daughters aged 7 and 10 for years. This one was recommended by their 12 yr-old brother and makes a great change for me from fairy ballerinas and magic kittens. They are enjoying it too. It's pretty disgusting nad completely hilarious, without compromising an exciting plot. Just don't expect any relationship to the known laws of biology or physics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vote for Bumination of the World!, 11 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
This book is one of the most ridiculous in the world. The basic plot goes like this: Zack is an ordinary booy who has the misfortune to have a wayward bum. It keeps on detaching itsself from Zack's body and running off. One day Zack follows it, and finds that it is leading an uprising of bums, which, if they succeed, will "bummify" the world - they will switch the bum and the head around so that the bums have a turn on top. Zack must stop his bum, with the help of the B-team - the best bumfighters around - the Kicker, the Smacker and the Kisser.
This book is seriously funny, and I mean really funny. Everthing has been thought out in a way to make it funny. There are hundreds of things to do with bums - atomic bums and kamikaze bums and pirahna bums and siren bums and "Stenchgantor - the great unwiped bum". There are fat bums, thin bums, small bums, big bums, smooth bums, pimply bums, smelly bums... even great white bums. The characters are great. The Kickers response to everything is a threat to "Kick its bum". There are places such as ARSEtralia, SMELLbourne, BUMbay, and the UnivARSE

1.0 out of 5 stars A gross-out book which is far too gross - do not buy!, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
I expected this to be the usual irreverent toilet humour book which my boys (11 and 8) would enjoy as a bed time story book. I was wrong. The main problem is that this book is far TOO disgusting, and also weird and troubling. One character is eaten alive by giant maggots swimming in a lake of excrement. In another scene, our heroes launch themselves in the air by climbing onto a giant spot on a buttock, squeezing the spot, then riding the flying pus. One man is rearranged so that his face is on his bum and his bum is on his head, so he has to poo through his own mouth. These are just the "highlights" and there are many more. One character called "The Kisser" hypnotises the wild bums by kissing them until they fall in to a trance. That's just weird.

The other problem here is that the story makes absolutely NO sense. I can handle the idea that your bum can detach and run around by itself, but giant bums, swimming shark bums?? Where did they come from?? They didn't detach off anybody. And bums can fly by fart power, with enough force to carry a human, but humans can't fly when their real bums are attached - that's just bad physics. The story rambles endlessly, and just seems to peter out at the end. There are no "laugh out loud" moments to make this book worth reading.

Having to read this story to my children, I was constantly editing as I read, sometimes skipping whole paragraphs which were too disgusting or weird. I also had to constantly translate from American to English words, as the book was originally American, and they just changed "butt" to "bum" but left all the other American words unchanged.

My children and I decided to finish the book, but we were all relieved when it was over and we could move onto another book. I threw the book in the bin, as it is not even good enough to go the the charity shop.

AVOID.

5.0 out of 5 stars the day my bum went psycho, 14 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
I ordered this book for my Grandaughter who is at the age where she finds anything remotely rude hillarious (aged 10).
I decided to read it myself before giving it to her.
From the start of the book you are instantly engaged in the story, the jokes and crudities are very mild for adults but exactly the sort of thing a kid enjoys. The book continues at the same pace throughout and manages to pace the jokes.
I look forward to her finishing this book and if she wants I'll order the others, which I might just read myself, just to make sure they are suitable of course!

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book ever, 16 Jun 2003
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
I loved this book it was really funny. I especially liked the character "Stenchgantor", the smelliest, pimpliest and worst bum in the world. I've read it about 100 times and I've only had it for a year. I also liked the B-team, a bum fighting team made up of the Kicker, Smacker, Kisser. My favourite part was in The Great Windy Desert when Zack and the others wanted something and saw what they wanted over a hill and they found they were swimming and eating stinkants. Can Zack, Eleanor and the B-team stop the bums from swapping the positions of bums for heads or not?
It made me laugh everytime. If you like hilarious things buy this now!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Day My Bum Went psycho, 3 Oct 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
When I was 10 years old my mum bought the book thinking it would be good to read because it was about bums going mad. I used to hate reading but then when I was bored I picked it up and read the first few pages of it. A got interested in it and read on. The book is a good book but I thought it was reasonably hard to follow the story. The bum comes off your body and tries to take over the world and take its rightful place on the human neck.

4.0 out of 5 stars great sounding title, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
Bought this book for my friend's son. The title sounds just the sort of silly, rude thing he will enjoy. Look forward to hearing what he thinks of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars well funny, kids adventure, hilarious for adults, 27 April 2010
Vexpez (Blackpool, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
Was recommended by a work colleague, and I have never laughed so much at a book. This is primarily aimed at kids who won't get all the jokes, as opposed to adults (immature as I am) who will fall about laughing. This book is so good I'm saving it to read on holiday, I've only opened random pages including the first line of the book and been in pieces laughing. Defo going to buy the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bums! Bums! Bums!, 20 April 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Day My Bum Went Psycho (Paperback)
A fantastic tale of a young boy who embarks on a quest to save hismisguided and wayward bum from becoming involved in a sinister bum plot toreplace everyone's heads with their bums. Along the way he meets flyingbum squadrons, self-wiping bums, the monster Bumgantor of the Brown Forestand the leader of the bums - The Great White Bum.
If you think bums and their habits are really funny, you must read this.It will have you in fits page after page. Great humour for kids - eventhirty year old kids like me!

The Day My Bum Went Psycho
The Day My Bum Went Psycho by Andy Griffiths (Paperback - 2 Jun 2006)
Used & New from: 0.01