4.0 out of 5 stars For adventurous imaginations, 10 Dec 2006
Ste to the J (Mansfield England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adventure Series: Valley & Sea Bind-up: AND "The Sea of Adventure" (Paperback)
The valley of adventure is arguably the best of the adventure series. Good descriptive imagery and a wonderful setting combine to make this a memorable read.

The sea of adventure is a lively, slightly more playful plot, with a colourful setting to keep the most imaginative happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Valley of Adventure, 17 Mar 2010
Alison Gordon "book bird" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
We love Enid Blyton!!! I grew up with her books, and I am so pleased to be sharing them now with my daughter.
These editions stay true to the original with all the adventure and characters, and the valley of adventure is one of my favourites - the imagery of the beauty of the valley and its waterfall have reamined with me since I first read the book. Enid Blyton also touches on the history of WW2 with the hiding of an abandoned community's treasure, hinting at those folk who carried on believing the war was still going, despite its being finished years before.
A jolly good read, with lashings of ginger beer!!

Adventure Series: Valley & Sea Bind-up: AND "The Sea of Adventure"
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available