5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure Book Review, 2 Jan 2008
This review is from: Adventure Series: Island & Castle Bind-up: "The Castle of Adventure" , "The Island of Adventure" (Paperback)
This griping book by Enid Blyton is yet another excellent story for anyone who enjoys a good adventure. The story features four children; Philip,Jack,Lucy-Ann,Dinah and a comical talking parrot Kiki.
In the first story The Island of Adventure the four children are saying at Philip and Dinah's home for the holidays when they fall into an amazing adventure on the mysterious Isle of Gloom.
In The Castle of Aventure the four children are excited by an old castle on the hill but they are no longer excited by it when they fall yet again into a scary and thrilling adventure.
I have read both stories and many more by Enid Blyton and strongly recomend the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enid Blyton, Queen of children's crime stories., 26 April 2009
As always, Enid Blyton is the leader when it comes to writing crime fiction for eight to ten year olds.
Mystery and suspense are her middle names!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Enid, 28 Dec 2009
E. Sedgwick "Ellie" (Spain) - See all my reviews
My kids just adore Enid Blyton, and she has made bedtime much more fun, though I do have to point out occasionally that the books were written a long time ago and of course girls are just as good as boys and don't have to be left at home because things are too dangerous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Nostalgia, 22 Feb 2011
Hiraethus o Gymru (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I still had the other four titles in Enid's "Adventure" series, which were received back in the early 1960's as presents from kind relatives. These other titles I had borrowed from the library. Now I have the complete set, which will be passed on to my grandchildren, and I hope they will love the stories as I did. This series was my favourite read as a child and I found it relaxing and refreshing to return to those days if only in my (second) childhood. Beautiful books set in a gentler time which, sadly, we shall never experience again.