5.0 out of 5 stars This book rocks!!
I first read this book a couple of years ago and I still haven't forgot it. Judy Blume is a great writer and manages to write a funny, realistic book for teenagers without the awful novelty and deals with seirous subjects too. eg one half of Margaret's family is jewish and the other christian and she feels she needs to be one or the other.
Buy this even if just for...
Published on 25 Oct 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh! Weird...
Are you there God, it's me Margaret ... weird. It's an odd book. I like the American twang to it, but the storyline's not that great. A bit gross too. I found it was a bit of a pointless read, to be honest.
Published on 21 Mar 2009 by S. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars This book rocks!!, 25 Oct 2001
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
Buy this even if just for the one liners!

5.0 out of 5 stars I read this when I was 10 and never forgot it, 30 Mar 2007
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
I read this book when I was 10, and couldn't put it down. I wasn't exactly an avid reader at that age, but it just drew me in and changed everything for me. I didn't forget it. It taught me things I was too shy to ask about, and was almost a friend to a 10 year old girl who was slightly confused about periods, boys, bras etc. but was also very intrigued and wanted to find out more.

I went on to read all the Judy Blume books, but not before I read this one a few times over. It warmly introduced me to a world that I wasn't quite sure how to ask about.

If you know any girls aged between about 8-13 definitely get them this. I'm sure they'll love it, and like me won't forget it.

This book will always have a special place in my heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book!, 12 Jan 2002
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
This is a really good book. I enjoyed it. I became gripped to the story as soon as I started it. If you are a young teenager and you want a book to relate to, this is the story to read. The book reminds me of my friends and I and what we think about in life. Things which you may think are serious are written to be funny and it puts a whole different light on growing up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for the pre-teens, 23 Nov 2004
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
I first read this book when I was about 11. At the time I was going through all the usual "growing up" experiences and desperately wanted to be a woman, well before my time. This excellent book by Judy Blume gave me the insight that being a woman, will come at its own natural pace, and of course I didn't have to wait very long. It's lighted hearted ways of dealing with normal pre-teen problems, which come with all the highs and lows in life, is so meaningful and so poignant. I still have the book, which I read only a few months ago.
Even 20 years later, it's still a fantastic read, and took me back to being a child again. Well done Judy Blume for keeping me a sane 11 year old!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The one that got me hooked..., 2 Aug 2002
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
This was the first Judy Blume book I read. I was about 11 at the time, and I was so engrossed I read it in one sitting. There are no long winded passages, the book gets straight to the point involving you immediately, and takes you on a delightful journey through an important part of Margaret's life as she grows up. There are no heavy duty storylines in this, but it really doesn't need any. It's the perfect book for young teenagers to read as Judy Blume seems to be 'inside the head' of anyone that age, and so they are able to relate to it perfectly.
For me, 'Are you there God? It's me, Margaret' was just the beginning. I went on to read them all - and at 27, I still pick them up now and again, for some much loved nostalgia!

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth about teenagers, 19 Dec 2003
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
I am a 12 year old girl and am like any other girl of my age,insecure. Reading this book brings a smile to your face because as you read it you match your everyday problems to the ones in the book. I could give every character in this book a name because each one was like me a friend or even a family member.It makes you want to read it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars review by jessica neal age 9, 14 Jun 2006
Mrs. T. M. Neal (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
This book is about a girl who goes to live in new jersey. I thought it was fantastic. It helps me with my fear of having a period. It was very humourous to read. I would recomend it to people having/getting their period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amys Review, 18 Jun 2002
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
I think this book is absolutley brilliant!It is so true to life and real. Not many authors could have gotit as spot on as Judy Blume has done! It is such a worthwhile read, i have read it about 7 times and each time you read it you know exactly what the characters are going through and where they are coming from. I reccomend this book to anyone with a heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars Go through puberty with no pains! Fantastic!!!, 1 Nov 2001
By A Customer
When I first found this book in the charity shop where my nan worked, I thought it was about a girl called Margaret who lived her life by the 'book'. A bible basher, basically. But then I read the first few pages and I was hooked. Margaret is an only child, so gets a bit lonely, especially when her family moved away from her beloved grandmother. So, she talks to God. But, she doesn't actually have a religion, as her parents have different religions. They leave it up to Margaret to decide when she's older. As well as her trauma of moving, Judy Blume takes you through puberty through Magaret's eyes. It's just fantastic, especially for ages 9-14, although it is enjoyable for any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect coming-of-age book!, 21 Feb 2010
This review is from: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret (Paperback)
Oh gosh, I just really loved this book. I think I was about 12 when I read it. There was a long waiting list in the class and there were about 5 girls ahead of me in the queue and I just wished they'd hurry up reading it so I could take it home. I'd read some of Judy Blume's other books and really enjoyed them so when I got this book I shut myself away in the bedroom for a whole day reading it. It was well worth the wait. I couldn't believe a 'grown-up' could know exactly what was going through my mind. Best teen book ever!

Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret
Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume (Paperback - 1 Jan 1998)
4.79