5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT BOOK TO READ!!!
Sharon Creech is a great author that knows how to actually make the book and characters seem...real! I think that her idea of writing in a journal form is a great idea, and you get more details of what Mary actually thinks of the people around her.
Published on 30 July 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars BORING
I think this book was boring.

In her diary, Mary Lou records typical teenage secrets about love and all of that stupid stuff. Why read a book about what you write in your own diary? I also think Sharon Creech is encouraging too young a readers to read this book and making them want to become the common teenagers we have now.
It was about a young Teenager...
Published on 8 Mar. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT BOOK TO READ!!!, 30 July 2001
This review is from: Absolutely Normal Chaos (Paperback)
Mary Lou is like any other 13 year old girl that ends up finding summer love, and having to put up with her family. When her cousin from Virgina comes down looking for a job, she really doesn't like him, and ends up having to do everything for him. Mary Lou finds out a HUGE secret about her cousin later on in the book, and starts to like him after something serious happens to him.

1.0 out of 5 stars BORING, 8 Mar. 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Absolutely Normal Chaos (Paperback)
I think this book was boring.

It was about a young Teenager called Mary Lou and her family. Her cousin has come to stay and everyone thinks he is a pain in the neck! And he has a secret... Mary Lou decides to find out what it is.
I felt sorry for Mary Lou's cousin, He's just nervous and everyone seems to hate him for it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is a diary of a 13 year old girl., 19 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
Mary Lou Finney is asked to write a journal over the summer holidays. She writes about boys, friends, and her cousin who comes to stay. It is very funny and I would recommend it to girls aged 11 - 14.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best books I have ever read!, 4 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Absolutely Normal Chaos (Paperback)
I got this book for my Christmas a year or so ago, from my mum. She got it from a book club magazine. It's absolutely brilliant! The way that Sharon Creech writes makes me laugh, and I cried too! It's a great book, all about typical teenage life!
As I'm the same age as Mary Lou, the main character, I can really relate to her, and she's taught me one or two things!
I recommend this book to any teenage girl who'd like a laugh!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for present, 20 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Absolutely Normal Chaos (Paperback)
My daughter really enjoyed the book. She was totally absorbed from the moment she started reading it. It's an unusual story and typical of Sharon Creech.

4.0 out of 5 stars It was Okay, I perfer Walk Two Moons, but I liked it., 23 Feb. 1999
By A Customer
It was okay, I mean I liked it! I'm an American myself, and yeah, my life is chaotic, but I perfer Walk Two Moons. But I won't say I didn't like it, it was really interesting, I have to admitt. Creech described exactly what she wants to say, where she wanted Mary-Lou Finney to be, and it was good. I like her books because it's extremely funny, and very emotional. I mean, compare Sal and Mary-Lou. They've got very different personalities, as well as different problems. I find Creech's book extremely unique.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best books I have ever read, 19 April 1998
By A Customer
This book was a very good book. I just couldn't put it down. I really wanted to find out what next was going to happen in the story. I think you should read this book .

5.0 out of 5 stars (too good for words!), 1 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
written in the style of a 13-year-olds journal with a book review, playscript and who-dunnit incorperated. A perfect 'lying-in-bed' sort of book.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO FUNNY!, 28 Aug. 2007
This book is really worth reading!

Mary Lou Finney is 13 years old, with 4 other siblings. (that's where the chaos part comes in)
The book is written as Mary's summer journal which she has to write for English. You see all her summer holidays from her point of view.
A great book! It makes you laugh and cry (tears of joy & saddness).

You should read it, well worth the little time we have in our chaotic lives!

Absolutely Normal Chaos
Absolutely Normal Chaos by Sharon Creech (Paperback - 7 Sept. 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01