on 12 July 2001
I found this book an excellent read. It was both fast moving and full of detail. Rhiannon Lassiter has managed to keep the reader in plenty of suspense throughout the trilogy, and the finale is wonderful with a startling but satisfying twist at the end. Raven, the main character, is a Hex- a blend of the human mind and computer created by the government. The characters are interesting and well developed. Raven is a well developed character who you feel for, but mysterious enough to not be boring. I felt that this book was well worth reading but advise readers who read this review to buy all three books in the trilogy and read them in order because otherwise they will become confused. I recommend this book particularly to readers who enjoy fantasy and sci-fi and who are aged roughly 12+.
on 2 June 2004
This was one of the best books I have ever read - I read it all in one go, when I should have been working, making the children's tea, sleeping etc. I just could not put it down. All three books were brilliant, but I think this was my favourite one. My main point is they're not just for teenagers - I'm 40 and it was better than anything else I've read in a long time.
on 5 April 2011
Rhiannon Lassiter's has greated a great universe in her Hex series, with a unorthodox main character that isn't exactly likeable, but complex and very interesting. This book and the previous two in the series in highly recommended for readers who like sci-fi, and since the first book was written when the author was 17, it is especially interesting for young adults.
on 13 August 2000
This brings the story to the end, and also a tear to the eye. The end is so original that you could never see it coming. It carrys on where hex:shadows left on, giving even more depth to raven and the group, you will have to read it till the end before you can put it down.
ITS THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ!
on 9 September 2001
I think Rhiannon Lassiter is an absolutly brilliant author and i'll look forward to her next book. HEX is set in the future and what a future it is! All you need to do is read this book to love it - i just want to say thankyou Rhiannon Lassiter!
on 11 December 2009
The Hex series is amazing. I read this final book in about a day - that such a young author could create such an impressive unputdownable page turner is just incredible.
on 28 April 2002
i dont normaly lissen to other peoples views on books because the book is not what i expext after that
this trillogy was some of the best reading i have had and i read a lot of fantasy books any thing about the super natural and this must be one of the best about people who can travel along the net in there mind i would love that true hackers
athough this book has an anoying ending as the others were about rebellion and winning agensed the odds i think if what i have said has not intressed you noting will in this book but it is worth reading
and to think she is still only a teen (the writer) is one of the books wonderful qualitys such a grate book at a young age you can only hope for more years and more books of equal quality