5.0 out of 5 stars A really, really good book
I loved this book! I'm a really big fan of hers and I thought it was definitely one of her better books (only topped by the Milk Carton series). It really makes you think about things, especially love and raceism.
Published on 3 Dec. 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Theme, Weak Book
Published on 5 April 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars A really, really good book, 3 Dec. 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Theme, Weak Book, 5 April 1999
This review is from: Burning Up (Hardcover)
It is very hard to criticize a book about race and racism in America. However, this one needs criticism. It goes from a church burning in 1997 done by an African-American to a house burning in 1959 done by a white person. So how far have we come? Now, this is an okay topic for a book, but the girl and the boy in this story are so wimpy, and they are supposed to be at the end of 10th grade but act with each other like they are still in middle school. I think this writer decided to write a novel on an important topic for the sake of writing on an important topic, and forgot about what the novel would be. Another book that adults will think that we kids SHOULD read, but that kids will not like at all. I sure did not.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Book!, 2 April 1999
This review is from: Burning Up (Hardcover)
I am 13 years old and I have read many books, this one however is my favorite book! It has a great mystery to it the whole time your trying to figure out who burned down the building. While at the same time there is a littl romance going on between Austin and Macey in the background which I found fun to follow. Macey really talks about racism in the book and expresses how we still have a lot of it going on still. The only reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because the ending was a little dissapointing, but I still urge each and everyone of you to read this book. I read the book and 5 of my friends have read it... It's a great book!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars meow, meow, meow, 25 Mar. 1999
This review is from: Burning Up (Hardcover)
okay.... secretly there's something seriously wrong with this book... it's like carrie woke up one day and said to herself, "gee, i think i'll write a thought-provoking book for teens on the subject of racism.." swell, carrie... next time put some passion and true emotion in it and don't treat the subject like some neat little writing exercise for a comp class... i think it's rotten that people will buy this book and listen to it instead of novels like "Skin I'm In," which better deserves your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, 25 April 1999
This review is from: Burning Up (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book because I'm a big Caroline B. Cooney fan. Just like "Wanted","A Face on a Milk Carton" and all her other mysterys, this book keeps you on the edge of your seat.It is kind of slow at first but you will be dying to know who did it by the end. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a easy read with great mystery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Touching., 3 Jun. 1999
This review is from: Burning Up (Hardcover)
I had only read one of Caroline Cooney's books(the face on the milk carton)but I loved this one. I thought it was a GREAT mystery and a terrific plot, though the ending was a bit shaking. If you read this book and enjoyed it you would also like Sharon Creeches writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Burning Up (Paperback)
I thought this book was really good, it deals with the issue of racism really well. I haven't liked all of C.B.C's books but this one was definately one of the best. It was realistic and although it was sad in places it is definately worth 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 28 Jan. 2002
This review is from: Burning Up (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book and I really enjoyed it. It has turned out to be one of my favourite books, one of her best. I'd recomend it to anyone and my friends love it too!:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a sequal, 20 May 1999
This review is from: Burning Up (Hardcover)
I thought this book was wonderful! It was full of mystery, and I was always waiting for my next chance to read it- the ending is ok- the book difinitely needs a sequal!

4.0 out of 5 stars This was A OK Book!!, 14 July 1999
This review is from: Burning Up (Hardcover)
This Book was pretty good!! It's about a girl named Macy who digs up a forgotton secret of her peacful town.
This book is really good but it tends to drone on and on. Nothing really big happens except for in the begining of the book. I suggest you read it if you like boring books. Read it and see for yourself!

Burning Up
Burning Up by Caroline B. Cooney (Paperback - 8 Sept. 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01