on 4 August 1999
After getting the book a few days early via Amazon.co.uk, I have to say I was not disappointed with it.
It seems like years rather than months have elapsed since Hutson's last book, Purity. This one was worth the wait !! The trouble with his books is that you have to read them so quickly, after all, if you put it down you begin to get withdrawal symptoms !
Right from the start the author starts to build characters and events that can only lead to the usual Hutson-esque ending. That said, past titles and this latest release are never dull, and although they follow a winning formula that has become Shaun Hutson's trademark, they provide a thoroughly good read for the thriller/semi-horror novel fan.
From the point where Adam Walker returns Hailey Gibson's daughter safely, you start to get a feeling of uncertainty about the dark side to his character, and you know it's only a matter of time before he shows his true colours.
The ending - explosive and totally unexpected.
Verdict - an excellent title from the master at work. Well done Shaun - can't wait to get the next one.
on 24 August 2005
I have read a number of Mr Hutsons' novels, generally those of the horror genre and found this more geared towards the thriller side of the scale. Initially felt tame next to some of his more graphic offerings but then suddenly all hell breaks loose. An unstoppable read, athough predictable in places immensely enjoyable and full of the magic of his other novels where you just can't stop until finished. Missing the 5/5 as i felt everything happened two thirds of the way through and although a big fan of graphic descriptions and blood and gore found the less graphic than normal, harrowing ending quite disturbing. Highly recommended title, remaining a big fan, not a bad title to date. Verdict: Put on your reading list if you have not already.
on 26 September 1999
I must be slipping I didn't realise Shaun had another book out so soon, but thanks to Amazon I didn't have to wait too long to get my hands on it. Thank you Amazon. Warhols Prophecy as you can probably tell by the title is about people wanting their 15 minutes of fame and boy does this book give it to them. What starts out as a chance meeting for Hailey Gibson when Adam Walker rescues her child soon turns into the meeting from hell. If you like your books to contain suspense, sex, violence and a sting in the tail, this ones for you. Buy it now! The only down side with this book is that like all Shaun Hutson's other books you can't put it down and end up reading it in 2 nights!
on 2 May 2001
I got through this fast-moving page-turner inside one day.
It lacked the dry humour which I enjoy as well as some probing social insights.
However, it is a book which keeps you glued "to the seat".
The plot is reasonably sound, albeit that the story is predictable in parts and highly improbable.
It is not until reasonably late that the identity of the "bad guy/girl" is revealed so it is with ease that you hang in there. I may have ended the book slightly differently, but then again I'm not an author, nor one who has had a heap of success (any?)with writing to date!
on 7 December 2000
Since Hutsons departure from horror to pure thriller his writing has gone from strength to strength. Worhol's Prophecy tells the story of one mans desire to have his name live on forever whatever the cost. Although not packed with all the usual gore and thrills we have come to associate with Hutson, this is a definate page turner building up to truly awesome finale. Readers of true crime will see the patterns emerging and although at times it is a little cliched it kept me reading way past my bedtime for a good few nights. A chilling view into how thin the line has become between fame and infamy.
on 2 May 2001
I got through this fast-moving page-turner inside one day.
It lacked the dry humour which I enjoy as well as some probing social insights.
However, it is a book which keeps you glued "to the set".
It is not until reasonably late that the identity "bad guy/girl is revealed"so it is with ease that you hang in there. I may have ended the book slightly differnetly, but then I'm not an author nor one who has had a heap of success to date!
on 17 October 2010
Started reading this after it had sat on my bookshelf for months. So disappointed with myself that i haven't read it before. From the first few pages i was gripped, totally addicted. Book travelled everywhere with me. Was a little disappointed at the ending, considering the build up of the whole book. So worth reading though, especially if your new to shaun hutson.
on 19 December 2013
I am a big fan of Shaun Hutson and originally read this in paperback but wanted to get it on my ebook to read again. It rekindled my love for Shaun Hutson's writing style and has inspired me to read all my other books by this author. Each book is so different and I very much look forward to reading his latest offering! In the words of the man himself...Let's go.
on 29 August 2004
Hutson takes you into an apparently bland set of middle England lives and drips in a series of darkening elements that deepen the sinister feel of his world. The explosive climax caps the story well and the dedication to Bill Hicks at the beginning gives even further insight into the bitterness the author seems to hold for the world! Great read...
on 12 August 2013
Thanks Shaun this is one of your best books EVER . Right until the end I couldn't have predicted the ending and what a shock. I actually cried. You should be proud of your self .5 out.of 5s not enough for the rating . Also great characters.and truly believeable.