5.0 out of 5 stars The best breastfeeding book ever
I have just purchased this revised edition of this book. I have had this title on my bookshelf over 14 years (previous edition). Over these years I have breastfed all my babies (five of them!)
This book gave me the confidence to feed my first child, it enabled me to handle well meaning, but insensitive comments from family members, but above all, it completely...
Published on 14 Sep 2005 by Mr. Spencer J. Rudkin

3.0 out of 5 stars good service
good service from supplier, thank you, but book isnt as helpful as i thought it would be. alot of reading, not as much of a reference book as i had been told.
Published on 31 May 2012 by MrsBobes14

5.0 out of 5 stars Real encouragement, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Breast is Best (Paperback)
I used this when my children were babies. It really encouraged me to persevere with breast feeding and I was so glad I did for all sorts of reasons- convenience, better for the child, as well as all the current positives. Now I have sent it to my daughter who is expecting her first baby and she is really pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Breast is Best (Paperback)
My Grand Daughter was having trouble breast feeding, this book helped her to understand the reasons for doing so. Thankyou

3.0 out of 5 stars good service, 31 May 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Breast is Best (Paperback)
This book had obviously seen a lot of use in its past life but met the needs and answered many of the questions my daughter had on this subject

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: Breast is Best (Paperback)
This is a really really wonderful book. It was given to me while I was pregnant with my first baby. I already knew I wanted to breast feed, but after reading this book I knew I'd have no problem at all. It answers all questions related to breast feeding and is easy to read. A must for anyone looking for reading material on breast feeding!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I brought this for my daughter as I had this ..., 22 July 2014
I brought this for my daughter as I had this book myself many years ago when breastfeeding and it was the thing that kept me going when all looked bleak. My daughter is now so passionate about it all that she is doing an NCT course!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on the subject, 15 Oct 2010
Being such an old book, there are certain aspects that you need to filter out, such as current guidelines - which have changed since writting. But the facts of the "actual" art of breastfeeding do not change, therefore it is a great source of information with plenty of practical advice without being too overly technical about the biology etc... The author (at time of writting) was a healthcare proffesional & had a really good style to convey what she clearly felt very passionately for. I feel that this is the only book that I have read on the subject to cover all aspects & answered all the questions/queries I had. I will be keeping this book for my daughter for when she reaches this very special time in her life.

5.0 out of 5 stars All mums to be should read this, 12 May 2010
Christine Jackson (England) - See all my reviews
I had this book when I had my children who are now all grown up with children of there own. I could not have managed without this book. I had lots of problems trying to breast feed until I was given this book by a friend. It is brilliant all mums to be should read it. My daughter inlaw was about to give up until I found her this book on Amazon and she has never looked back since it has really helped her.
Thankyou Amazon for finding it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service., 25 Mar 2010
This wonderful book which I gave to a relative was delivered quickly and looked great considering was an old edition from 1982!
Thanks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Approach with caution, 8 Oct 2008
This review is from: Breast is Best (Paperback)
If you're experiencing issues with breastfeeding, you may want to avoid this book, as it advocates complete submission to the baby's needs. It paints an ideal of lactating motherhood that many women find difficult to identify with, and can instil feelings of guilt and exacerbate post-natal depression.

Breast is Best
Breast is Best by Dr. Andrew Stanway (Paperback - 13 Sep 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01