Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 26 September 2013
This book has helped me enormously and I am now even completing some crytic crosswords. It is easy to use and just what you need to focus on the intracacies of cryptic clues. I would recommend this book to all who want to improve there success rate with cryptic crosswords
on 6 April 2009
The "Daily Telegraph" How to Crack a Cryptic Crossword

Very well laid out and presented book. An excellent way for the novice to learn about the world of cryptic crosswords, how to approach them and then have a go to solve them.
on 23 November 2011
I got completely absorbed into this and now I feel much better equipped to tackle the cryptics! It would be useful if there was a glossary of terms, as I did not know some of the double meanings of words, and there are some assumptions that you probably should. Still, every day I learn something new!
on 4 December 2013
I loved that there were so many crosswords to work through that meant a lot of practice. Really helpful book.
VINE VOICEon 17 March 2009
I got this book for my wife who is an avid Telegraph crossworder so this is very much her review!
A great book. Gives great hints and tips and you finally start to understand how the cryptic crosswrds are constructed. Certainly helped me in finally completing the crossword! Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2014
A great help in understanding and solving the cryptic crossword. Explains each type of crossword clue with plenty of samples crosswords. Would recommend to anybody wanting to master the cryptic crossword,
on 2 July 2014
Very good little book. Lots of hints and tips. For some time I used to do a lot of the standard crosswords, but after a while I wanted to stretch myself with cryptic crosswords. Other than being able to put together a few anagrams that was my limit. This book gives a lot of pointers. I have improved my understanding of the clues and am very pleased with the progress. I have now invested in other books such as Bradford's Cossword Solver's Dictionary and the Chambers Crossword Dictionary amongst others. It's a great help to have these books to hand but, most importantly, trying to solve the crosswords on a very regular basis is key.
on 11 May 1999
I've been desperately trying to crack the world of cryptic crosswords and now it's possible! As a project manager, this book helped me to take a methodical approach to tackling the otherwise daunting crossword and proved that it's all based on logic, not intelligence.
0Comment17 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2014
This book arrived promptly on the 3rd of December, so I have no complaint about waiting for it! It does everything it says on the cover.
It is full of handy hints on what cryptic clues are really asking you to do. With plenty of worked examples. It is a boon to the budding cruciverbalist! It is also helpful to more seasoned crossword fanatics. Altogether, a worthwhile buy and excellent value for the money!
on 14 June 2014
This book is just brilliant. Anyone who likes cryptic crosswords but gets frustrated with clues should read this book. There lots of crosswords with explanations as to how the clues are complied. Can't recommend this book enough, just buy it.