5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful approach and FUN!
I have been doing quick crosswords for years and although I was beginning to find them a bit simple I had always thought the cryptic ones too daunting, and all my previous attempts to learn had failed in confusion and disillusionment... but I decided to give them another go, using this book to start. What i really appreciated is that she weans you from quick crosswords...
Published on 3 April 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Needs far more explanation for a newcomer to cryptic crosswords.
Published 8 months ago by Mr. A. C. Savory

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 26 Sept. 2013
This book has helped me enormously and I am now even completing some crytic crosswords. It is easy to use and just what you need to focus on the intracacies of cryptic clues. I would recommend this book to all who want to improve there success rate with cryptic crosswords

4.0 out of 5 stars How to crack the cryptic crossword for the novice, 6 April 2009
H. Nash - See all my reviews
The "Daily Telegraph" How to Crack a Cryptic Crossword

Very well laid out and presented book. An excellent way for the novice to learn about the world of cryptic crosswords, how to approach them and then have a go to solve them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start for a novice, 23 Nov. 2011
I got completely absorbed into this and now I feel much better equipped to tackle the cryptics! It would be useful if there was a glossary of terms, as I did not know some of the double meanings of words, and there are some assumptions that you probably should. Still, every day I learn something new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what it said on the tin!, 4 Dec. 2013
I loved that there were so many crosswords to work through that meant a lot of practice. Really helpful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for cryptic crossword 'training', 17 Mar. 2009
Mr. Jon Forster "sensor" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I got this book for my wife who is an avid Telegraph crossworder so this is very much her review!
A great book. Gives great hints and tips and you finally start to understand how the cryptic crosswrds are constructed. Certainly helped me in finally completing the crossword! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 4 Jan. 2014
A great help in understanding and solving the cryptic crossword. Explains each type of crossword clue with plenty of samples crosswords. Would recommend to anybody wanting to master the cryptic crossword,

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Book, 2 July 2014
Very good little book. Lots of hints and tips. For some time I used to do a lot of the standard crosswords, but after a while I wanted to stretch myself with cryptic crosswords. Other than being able to put together a few anagrams that was my limit. This book gives a lot of pointers. I have improved my understanding of the clues and am very pleased with the progress. I have now invested in other books such as Bradford's Cossword Solver's Dictionary and the Chambers Crossword Dictionary amongst others. It's a great help to have these books to hand but, most importantly, trying to solve the crosswords on a very regular basis is key.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, something to fill my weekends with!, 11 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: How to Crack the Cryptic Crossword (Daily Telegraph) (Paperback)
I've been desperately trying to crack the world of cryptic crosswords and now it's possible! As a project manager, this book helped me to take a methodical approach to tackling the otherwise daunting crossword and proved that it's all based on logic, not intelligence.

5.0 out of 5 stars a worthwhile buy and excellent value for the money, 22 Dec. 2014
This book arrived promptly on the 3rd of December, so I have no complaint about waiting for it! It does everything it says on the cover.
It is full of handy hints on what cryptic clues are really asking you to do. With plenty of worked examples. It is a boon to the budding cruciverbalist! It is also helpful to more seasoned crossword fanatics. Altogether, a worthwhile buy and excellent value for the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Jun. 2014
This book is just brilliant. Anyone who likes cryptic crosswords but gets frustrated with clues should read this book. There lots of crosswords with explanations as to how the clues are complied. Can't recommend this book enough, just buy it.

How to Crack the Cryptic Crossword (Daily Telegraph)
How to Crack the Cryptic Crossword (Daily Telegraph) by The Daily Telegraph (Paperback - 6 May 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01