5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best to give to your own children!, 7 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Taming (Paperback)
Forget Peter Mayle's Provence offerings, this is a little masterpiece. The presentation is exactly suited to his style and the illustrations (and presumably) editing suit the content to a "T".
It appeared too late to be useful to us, but after having coped with three idiosyncratic children under three and a half, my wife and I feel qualified to state an opinion.
We have lost count of the number of copies we have bought, loaned and never recovered. Now we are buying again for our grandchildren's parents' benefit it was a great relief to find it still in print. If you want a single (lighthearted, but with a core of steel) reference work for harassed parents - especially first-time ones - look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Basic Guide to Winning - As a Parent!, 10 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Taming (Paperback)
This book was and still is utterly fantastic - it explains how the worlds most adored, cherished and often utterly perplexing litte demon is choosing to work at this time. Will you Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandad succeed with my challenge! All children are the best - this book helps those that have worn a nappy some 16 - ** years ago - break their enigma code. It is a winner and fun to read for all parents/relatives - a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars What goes round comes round, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Baby Taming (Paperback)
Some kind inspired relative bought me this when my first son was born 30 years ago. I have cherished it ever since. It has been leant out several times and, fortunately, always come back. Now the next generation is producing and this book is essential survival reading. Baby Taming is down to earth, easy to read, practical and, more to the point, humorous. It does exactly what is says on the cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Taming.... alife saver, 20 July 2011
P. R. Goddard (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Taming (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. We used it with our first born 31 years ago and now I am delighted to have been able to buy the book again and give it to him as he awaits the birth of his first child.

P Goddard

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Taming-the only guide for new parents, 4 Oct 2010
Vivien Geddes (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Taming (Paperback)
I was given this book on having my first child 27 years ago and it was easily the best guide to new parenthood. Sadly I lent mine out and it never came back. I have bought 6 copies since, all got rave reviews, and am now buying one for my own first grand child.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Baby Taming (Paperback)
I love this book, I remember it from when I had babies so got it for my daughter who is now pregnant. Underneath the jokey format there is some really sensible advice. A must for all first time parents.

Baby Taming
Baby Taming by Peter Mayle (Paperback - 3 Dec 1993)
Used & New from: £0.01