5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favorite books, 1 Jun 2010
This review is from: The 3000 Mile Garden (Paperback)
A delightful exchange of letters and garden dreams between 2 passionate gardeners, one in London , one in New England. You will reread this book many times, everytime giving new delights

5.0 out of 5 stars So infectious you will be straight in the garden!!, 5 Feb 2007
Anyone who remembers the television series on channel 4(like I do) will be instantly captivated by this book. It returned me to my love of gardening and instantly made me want to get outside. An easily read format written out as Roger and Leslie's letters were. It goes between gardens in London and Maine USA and gets the reader involved in the authors lives. It also includes a few recipes.A nice book to fill in those winter evenings when the garden is out of bounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully gentle book, 5 Feb 2001
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The 3,000 Mile Garden: an Exchange of Letters Between Two Eccentric Gourmet Gardeners (Hardcover)
I love this book, it is about two people with a real passion and the fact that it is for gardening shouldn't put you off reading it if you don't like gardening. It is the sense of passion that is the most important thing that shines through. There is enthusiasm and joy and love and a real attempt to share and understand two completely different lands and climates. It is a joy to read. A real feel good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jun 2014
Roger Holmes (Braunton, Devon, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 3000 Mile Garden (Paperback)
Considering it had to travel so far to get to Devon.......great service for a wonderful product!!!! Would advise people to have a close look at this book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book condition poor. I bought it second hand from e bay!, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: The 3000 Mile Garden (Paperback)
I have read this book before but wanted my own copy. It is a great account of two gardeners from different countries. Probably you need to be a gardener to really enjoy it

5.0 out of 5 stars THE 3000 MILE GARDEN, 13 Aug 2013
Tina (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 3000 Mile Garden (Paperback)
I loved watching this programme when it was on the television and I read the book too, which I still have. I was pleased to still get a copy for a friend as I have told her how good it is but did not want to part with mine! Fantastic price and really quick delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: The 3000 Mile Garden (Paperback)
not read it yet but good value second hand

Used & New from: £0.01