One

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE
I have read virtually all Richard Bach books that have appealed to me, every one as excellent as each other.
Johnathan livingston seagull, Illusions & the messiahs handbook are my favourites to date, however just when I thought all the best had been read ,I meet.......... "one".

Published on 31 Aug. 2009 by Andre Rogerson

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing after the brilliance of Illusions
Published on 17 Nov. 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing after the brilliance of Illusions, 17 Nov. 2000
This review is from: One (Paperback)
I picked up this book with eager anticipation after reading "Bridge Across Forever" and "Illusions". However, the author has, it seems, churned out a rather shallow story to what should have been a great opportunity to share his beliefs/ideas with the rest of us. If I didn't already have a great interest in this area of thought, I think I would have dismissed it half way through as nothing more than a bizarre half-hearted sci fi story. A shame really as with better construction, this could have been as big as Jonathan Livingstone Seagull!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE, 31 Aug. 2009
This review is from: One (Paperback)

What a read!!!!, of course in the descriptive style of Richard Bach it is such an amazing book.
I was truly gripped to this book, and could not wait to return to it if I had to do something else, like break for a coffie ;-), even this time was too long away from "One".

I cannot state how much this book is a must read, you really feel like you are being pulled into the story and living it.
Many inner messgaes, many switches clicking to our own lives and how we see them.

I felt quite emotional at times with some of the places that were visited,feeling Richard and Leslies energy and inspired in many ways.

If I did have a view of something to change in the book it would be the ending!, firstly because it was a little short,and away from the "pattern", but also because ......it had to end!.

In my view one of the best if not the top book I have read this year.
Very very recommended.
To read this book is something for example :you would write on your,"things to do before I die" list.

Thank you Richard,what a gift.

Andre

4.0 out of 5 stars A book to be read by those who are prepared to consider alternative answers to life's big questions., 17 April 2013
This review is from: One (Paperback)
Depending on one's attitude to life, this is either a book full of 1960s West Coast psychobabble, or a fascinating extension of the thoughts most people have had at some time - would my presence ( or non-presence) have affected proceedings ? I find there's much to cogitate on in this book, plenty of food for thought ; one might even look upon reading this book as a life- learning curve. There's something to learn for everyone with an open mind. Don't read this if you're religious !

2.0 out of 5 stars Vanity Project, 22 Sept. 2005
This review is from: One (Paperback)
As many other readers I too have enjoyed & loved previous Richard Bach books. This however is a massive dissapointment. The book is nothing more than a vanity project, Richard Bach comes across as being so self obessed & self indulgent that it is hard to actually finish reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly.., 22 Aug. 2000
This review is from: One (Paperback)
To cut a long review short this book held me captivated until the end. Such fabulous ideas about time, life and relationships as always. So far my favourite of Bach's.

5.0 out of 5 stars One, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: One (Paperback)
Once again one of Richard Bach's books flies you off onto another dimension. In this case several! Without giving away the content completely, 'One' reads at several levels at the same time. After reading for the second (or third) time you realise how much you missed at the first reading. It is such an easy read and flows with the feeling it's almost reading to you!! Another book to recommend as often as possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not vintage Bach, 23 Jun. 1999
This review is from: One (Paperback)
Being an avid Bach fan (having read JLS, Illusions, A Gift of Wings etc many years ago), I was excited to find another book by him. However, to me, this book did not exhibit the same depth as the others he has written - he now appears to be proselytising rather than just demonstrating his discoveries of the workings of the universe. In his writing style as well, I feel that he has lost the child-like innocence of his previous books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent and thought provoking book by Richard Bach, 27 Aug. 1999
This review is from: One (Paperback)
In this book Richard and his wife, Leslie, find themselves exploring parallel universes and meeting alternative versions of themselves. The book explores some of the paradoxes of parallel universes and is all about choices - and the different turns life can take depending on one key decission. My only critisism is that, to the english taste at least, some of the bits about the relationship between Richard and Leslie, which is explored in some depth, are a little sickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first love, 3 April 2014
Lusitanian (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One (Paperback)
I first read this book in another language when I was 15. I fell in love with it and with the story line. I then read it in English and was not disappointed, specially because I was dreaming to find a copy for years. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars one, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: One (Paperback)
I sm re visiting this book as read many years ago , it is timeless a great read highly recommend

One
One by Richard Bach (Paperback - 11 May 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01