5.0 out of 5 stars This started it all!
Published on 17 Sep 2003 by TheLaughingGeek

1.0 out of 5 stars The castle of adventure
It was a great book and I loved it. I liked every word of it.
This is 3 reasons why it is the best book ever:
Kiki is funny
The words are descriptive
You get a picture in your head.
Published 6 months ago by Anna-maria Barnes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This started it all!, 17 Sep 2003
Must be going back at least 18 years to when I saw this book in the local library and thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't a reader at all in those days (the books I borrowed were mostly reference) but the cover looked so exciting. Anyhow, started it, read it in one night and couldn't get enough of Blyton afterwards. The start of a wonderful journey for me and a book I really owe my love of reading to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Jan 2013
Read the Adventure series as a child and they have not disappointed as an adult. Nothing has changed to bring the books into the 21st century, and the suspence is still there. Enid Blyton was ahead of her time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bedtime read, 24 Jan 2013
I bought this to read to my children, I used to read all the Enid Blyton books when I was small and couldn't wait to get my children onto them. Having read all the famous Five, Secret Seven and Faraway Tree books, I bought the Castle of Adventure, it didn't disappoint, bedtime did stretch longer than normal because we all wanted to read another chapter, my children loved it. We are now about to start the Circus of Adventure will let you know how we get on.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for the young reader., 5 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Castle Of Adventure (Piper) (Paperback)
This book was read to me by my third grade teacher and I could hardly wait for each day's reading time to come around so that I could hear what next was to befall the wonderful characters of Phillip, Lucy Ann, Jack and Dinah. I read all Enid Blyton's Adventure books and my son, who is a teacher to the Navajo Indians in New Mexico, is currently reading them to his students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Feb 2013
This was a favourite book as a child, and still enjoying it 35 years later! It really is a very well written story.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, 14 Nov 2011
Mrs. J. Davies (manchester england) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 10 year old grandaughter and she enjoyed it as much as I did 57 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars The begining of a wonderful journey, 4 May 2013
As a teacher i find that EB books are often frowned upon now, esp in school because of their middle class white perpective. While there are class and race issues when looked at though todays eyes it must be remembered these books were of their time...should Robinson Crusoe or Coral Island be frowned upon for the same reasons? Apprently not, yet these wonderful books that brought the joy of reading to so many are often left in the cold by educators and critics alike. This book started me on a love of books that has never gone away, read it to your children and i promise they will love it! I've downloaded it to read it again for myself and i'm 50 going on 10. Lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 April 2013
This is one of the best books I have ever read of Enid Blyton's!
It was very funny as well as enjoyable and I would definitely recommend this book to any big Enid Blyton fans!

4.0 out of 5 stars ripping yarn, 10 Mar 2013
Although the story is a little dated and there are some bits that nothing much happens in, overall the story is a jolly good tale of 'meddling kids' getting involved and facing the consequences. I am reading it to my class of seven year olds. The boys especially have responded very well to the subject matter and it follows immediately on from a unit of work on castles. The character of Kiki is particularly popular.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 19 Jan 2013
I have read the Island of Adventure and am looking forward to reading the Valley of Adventure I highly recommend these!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Castle Of Adventure (Piper)
The Castle Of Adventure (Piper) by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 7 Jan 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01