on 9 March 2015
very good read
on 26 December 2015
I think Raban is a wonderful writer. He has a command of the English language unequalled. I haven't read this one but will do as soon as possible. The real reason I'm writing here is because I think that all his book-jacket designs are appalling..... Especially the one on 'old glory" and I HAVE read that one. Just to say 'Old Glory' is one of the best books I have ever read.
on 30 April 2009
I was lucky enough to come across a newspaper article with a list of ten best travel books which included Raban's "Coasting".I love travel books and was intrigued as I had never heard his name before. Now I am a confirmed fan and am into my second Raban - "Old Glory" about his trip down the Missisipi.
on 6 March 2011
The book arrived in Australia so soon after I placed my order that I was surprised.
Although a paperback (as advertised)it is in perfect condition.
on 9 August 2015
Excellent book, as are others by this author.
on 15 March 2015
Sound transaction. Everything went well
on 9 March 2004
This title makes compulsive reading for every escapist who looks to the sea for salvation. I myself read it cover to cover in one session, so please give it a go and see if you submit to the same call. I don't think you will be dissapointed in fact I think you will be left wishing for more! C
on 7 September 2004
This title makes compulsive reading for every escapist who looks to the sea for salvation. I myself read it cover to cover in one session, so please give it a go and see if you submit to the same call. I don't think you will be dissapointed in fact I think you will be left wishing for more! (I originally put my review on an oop spoken word, apologies to anyone who noticed but I was very keen at the time!)