on 6 September 2010
I got my copy of "Cry Once Alone" second hand, but it will never leave my possession. I read it periodically when I want to lose myself in a really good book.

The wild west/pioneering backdrop of this book belies its emotional intelligence. It has similarities with "Dances With Wolves" only without the distraction of Costner. One of the earliest books I read that made me cry, it still gets me every time - and not in a particularly soppy-girly way.

I would highly recommend this - especially for holiday reading. Maybe the best 1p + P&P you'll ever spend!
on 9 September 2013
I like all of E. V. Thompson's books. They are informative and interesting. This one covered a new field for me, so far as E.V.T, is concerned, as I don't think he has written another one on the American continent. I thoroughly enjoyed it: it also gave me a more definitive background to the plight of the Native Americans and the way in which they were treated. All in all a very enjoyable book and a very informative one as well.
on 18 December 2013
I appreciate a good read, and this book arrived in good condition and packaging was intact. I look forward to reading E.V. Thompsons novel, He writes a good story and have enjoyed all of them up to now. book arrived in time, so I am well pleased.
on 17 December 2013
"Cry Once Alone" is another great book by EV Thompson who, for my money has completely cornered the South West/Cornall, and varying mining territory. Brilliant yet again.
on 11 April 2012
I have owned this book now for some 20 years, it's one of those books that will stay with you forever.. Please read and enjoy
on 4 January 2014
As always with E V Thompson, a superb read. I have read his books for 30 years and have enjoyed the vast majority.
on 5 September 2010
Another book for my E V Thompson collection. Not in brilliant condition but it is about 30 years old. Many thanks for a quick delivery