5.0 out of 5 stars Our favourite Barbapapa book!, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Barbapapa's New House (Hardcover)
I remember this book from my childhood, and I love reading it to my kids now! We've borrowed most of the other Barbapapa books from the library, but this remains my favourite - and both my 2yo & 6yo love it too! If only I had the time/creativity to make them their own toy Barbapapa house! (I think the fab Playing by the Book blog tells you how.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the barbapapas!, 4 Nov. 2014
Lottie (Perthshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barbapapa's New House (Hardcover)
I read and loved this story as a child and still have the original book. I decided to buy this for my daughter (5) to protect my old one. It is a lovely story, so glad they have decided to publish them again. My daughter loves it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood classic :), 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Barbapapa's New House (Piccolo Books) (Paperback)
Absolutely thrilled to have such a wonderful childhood memory added into my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Barbapapa's New House (Hardcover)
I've loved this story since I was little and I was so happy to have found it again

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Barbapapa book, 4 April 2014
V. Carlin (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barbapapa's New House (Hardcover)
This is the best of the rereleases because you get to meet the children, and the children are really the fun part. There will be at least one your child identifies with. There's Barbalib, who loves to read, Barbazoo, who loves animals, Barbabright, who likes astronomy, Barbabravo (keep fit), Barbalala (music), Barbabeau (an artist) and Barbabella (originally Barbabelle) who likes pretty stuff. But she's not 'the token girl', as there are four female and three male barbababies. She just likes pretty stuff.

In this episode the Barbas are too big for their house so they move around, being chased by demolition machines. They work together as a family to build a new house and the machines still track them down. They are 'too gentle to hurt people', so they gum up the machines' jaws with sticky Barbaplastic, and then go back to their idyllic and eco family life. Not quite as arty as the previous two (which feature beautifully drawn French street scenes, London, and the Chrysler building) but more exciting for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it., 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Barbapapa's New House (Hardcover)
Memory lane, love it. thanks

Barbapapa's New House (Piccolo Books)
Barbapapa's New House (Piccolo Books) by Talus Taylor (Paperback - 8 Nov. 1974)
Used & New from: £75.00