5.0 out of 5 stars Just incredible
Published 12 months ago by Jamiedunn5150

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably good.
Some good images and background information, with interesting comparisons between images which work better than others, and stressing of the need to practice, but nothing very profound or really inspirational, in my opinion.
Published 21 days ago by R. Baston

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just incredible, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Picture Perfect Posing: Practicing the Art of Posing for Photographers and Models (Voices That Matter) (Paperback)
I downloaded this for kindle after seeing Roberto on creative live. What immediately stood out was how well written and structured the book is - everything where it should be, which made it easy to read and work through. The book describes some great concepts and each concept has an exercise - obvious to do but brilliantly executed. If not already clear, the content deliberately excludes basic camera husbandry, concentrating on posing and theory. If you already know how to use your equipment this book will take your photography to the next level (enthusiast or pro togs alike). Great reference to sharpen you up before a shoot, which is why I preferred the kindle version :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 8 April 2014
This is the best book on posing I have seen so far. Finally, I feel like I know what I am doing when posing somebody for a photo. It is an eye opener. Now, when I browse through other photographers' websites, I can easily tell which photographer understands the art of posing :) No more lucky shots !

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one posing book, this is the one., 23 April 2014
I have a LOT of photography books, I strive to get better and am always looking at ways to improve not only the pictures I take but how I take them. I have watched Roberto on Creative Live and bought and loved Picture Perfect Practice, so my expectations for this book were high.

This book is simply fantastic, you will look at (your) images and posing in a completely new and refreshing way. A book for the pro and aspiring photographer alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely one of, if not the best book on posing!, 5 Oct. 2014
This is written in a very genuine and helpful style with many images to help readers understand the techniques being taught. Roberto adds photos that are perfect and also not so perfect to demonstrate the differences between the two and what most photographers usual miss. Even if you are a pro, you'll find many points in this book eye opening. I often found myself saying,'wow' throughout the entire book.

In short, this is an incredible book that leaves you with a proper appreciation and understanding of the dynamics of posing. It advanced my photography and believe it will help anyone looking for perfection.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read if You Are Serious About Learning How To Pose For Portrait Photos, 12 Aug. 2014
This book explains how to pose your subject in a clear and concise manner.

I have learnt a lot from this book as a new photographer learning how to take portrait photos.

I have completely read the book and I am now reading each chapter again and practising each section over and over until I feel confident I can implement the lesson.

I cannot rate this book highly enough. It is easy to read and understand and makes for a shorter learning curve if you want to learn how to pose individuals or couples.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 2 Jun. 2014
Gives you loads of ideas in an easy going way. Recommend it to anyone who finds posing hard work or doesn't know where to start

5.0 out of 5 stars The difference that makes the difference !!!, 23 July 2014
Absolutely outstanding book, you need to know what it is that you want before you ask someone to give it to you. I've spent too much time on cameras, Photoshop and other technical stuff but it's posing that really makes or breaks an image. I recommend this book 100%, I've read everything else and this is all you need along with lot's of practice and considered observation to transform the quality of your photography. I've taken on board the advice and the results have improved the quality of my photography beyond belief.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this & take better photographs, 30 Jan. 2015
If like me your looking for a book that really gets into the whys and wherefores of how to pose, then this book covers it all. I'm not going to say its an easy read, because it isn't. I couldn't just jump into a chapter mid-stream and get going, I needed to back up to the start of each chapter to understand the context of what is being explained. Roberto turns over all the stones in these pages, it will contribute massively towards better setting up of models/clients with subsequent improvements to your photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars for now this is my favourite book. The author explain methods and the reason ..., 15 Oct. 2014
I bought some books about portraiture to start learning new things, for now this is my favourite book.
The author explain methods and the reason behind very easily and with examples.
I just doesn't like the part "On your own", because sometimes it's difficult to detect problems in poses and sometimes there are no problems at all (according to the author) :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book to learn posing for certain, 30 Sept. 2014
Brilliant book. A lot of detail, but ones you finish reading it, read it again, then go out and shoot portraits with absolute confidence.

Although there is a lot of detail, it sticks. So when I go out to shoot I remember it. At the moment my family are the guiney pits to practice, but I am ready to go now and shoot the big demanding public

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›