5.0 out of 5 stars well written and comprehensive and written as a course.
Published 18 months ago by McC1

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful guide to an increasingly complicated tool
A comprehensive guide to using a now complex (and sometimes counter-intuitive) piece of software. The book reflects the nature of the software, which has grown from a simple intuitive and user-friendly tool into something requiring significant training and practice.

Published 15 months ago by Mr Andrew Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars well written and comprehensive and written as a course., 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) (Paperback)
Although I am still studying this book I can say that so far I have found it to be very well structured and easy to understand, there is a link to download lots of photos etc. with which you work as you complete the exercises. I had planned to go on a course but these are expensive and hard to find in convenient locations, I doubt very much I will need to go on a course when I have finished studying the book and doing the exercises unless I want to develop very advanced skills.
The Photoshop Elements Software (bought separately) has a cataloguing system for your photographs, although I have used an earlier version of Photoshop elements I never really understood the cataloguing system until I bought this book, as a result I broke of from studying it to completely rebuild my catalogue which took a few weeks as I have many thousands of photographs taken over the last 6 years or so since I went digital but was really worth it as I can now find pictures by many different search criterion very quickly and keep it updated now as I add more photographs. When I have finished this book I will buy the equivalent book for Premier Elements as I have also started doing some video.

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful guide to an increasingly complicated tool, 10 April 2014

I had hoped that the book would solve two problems I was experiencing with the new version, namely why I couldnt drop a photo onto the desktop icon as before, and why I couldnt simply arrange 3 or 4 photos on a single canvas. The book doesnt address these problems. It seems these simple functions no longer exist.

Nevertheless, a useful book. Some typos, but the book lives up to its name. It is a classroom in a book, and, provided the reader is prepared to invest time in doing the exercises, is worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is also a useful reference book for those elements which you only use ..., 9 Aug. 2014
I find the Classroom in a Book series really helpful if you are new to using Adobe Photoshop Elements or want to improve your existing skills. It does this by taking you through a series of lessons which you can complete at your own speed and in your own time or if you wish you can just choose which chapters and lessons interest you the most and practice those. It is also a useful reference book for those elements which you only use now and again and need a refresher how to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works., 2 Feb. 2014
Getting your head around Adobe 12 is time consuming and takes a lot of study. With that in mind I invested in the class room in a book series for both Photoshop and Premiere Elements. I have only studied the Photoshop book so far and have found the book a good way of learning the package. I am pleased that I took the trouble to complete all of the chapters in the book.
I am really pleased with my choice of package and this book. I start the Premiere Elements classroom next week., wish me luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful Book., 9 April 2014
It is an excellent book with useful down loadable photos to use in the exercises, but at times there are explanations missing which make it difficult to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book that is easy to follow, 24 Jun. 2015
Step by step and clear examples. I was worried this might be too complicated however it really does guide you through each step. You can jump to different parts without effecting your progress and this I have done. If you think you know the basics then this will show that there are even more basics to know and use. There are also the more difficult tasks which you would just middle through without this book to guide you. I really do recommend this even for just the basic knowledge tasks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought it sooner, 20 Mar. 2014
yorky (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
Still no expert and struggling with some things but that is me not the book. The lessons and the testing of your understanding is excellent. Would recommend this to anyone who is finding it hard to navigate their way around Elements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
Received very quickly and well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to Photoshop, 21 Jun. 2015
Excellent guide to Photoshop, in some respects more accessible and relevant for those beginning or wanting a more practical awareness than the 'Photoshop for Photographers'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 23 Feb. 2014
Excellent book. I have only used a limited amount of the video lessons so far however as I have not had time to get to the next ones.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))