Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 September 2013
If you are struggling to make sense of your camera's handbook and wonder if you'll ever manage to take a decent picture, don't give up - buy this book! Scott Kelby explains how to use your camera without using jargon, and literally tells you step-by-step what to do to achieve the result you want. I was feeling disheartened and a bit thick, as I seemed to be getting nowhere with my lovely new Nikon, but this book cut through all the technical stuff and got me started taking good pictures by telling me to do this, this and this to get that result. With Scott's encouragement, I started having fun with my camera, and had the confidence to play around with it. I've since bought Books 2, 3, and 4 and they are great, too - same format, same philosophy, and you just grow in knowledge and skill as you progress.
on 10 June 2014
Would recommend to anybody new to digital photography, and also the not so new, Have brought lots of books, and been on night courses to get the best from my camera. But this guy explains in easy language, how, and what to do, in so simple terms. If i had this book from the start it would have saved me lots of money and no headaches. So treat yourself to this book, you will not be disappointed. I now understand every thing i wanted to know, in such easy way. If you only buy one book on digital this is the one.
on 3 February 2015
At the beginning, I found the book's humour a bit laboured and the writer's advice on taking photographs seemed like common sense. That is, until I realised he was introducing me to a completely new way of thinking about photography. His way of introducing headings and explaining different aspects of camera use was fascinating and although I have a long way to go in putting much of his advice into practice, he has succeeded in persuading me that I must explore the potential of my camera. The Kindle edition of this book allows easy access to relevant material and I shall be returning to Scott Kelby's text again and again.
on 12 January 2015
Book is very informative on the basics and I particularly enjoy the way it encourages you to go out and try certain exercises after each chapter. It's not a boring read as its down to earth. Easy to understand and put to tthe reader in a way that can be taken in and understood.
on 23 December 2013
This is full of excellent tips and ideas and it is explained in such a great way that it's hard to stop reading. I will be getting the next book in the series as well as his book on Photoshop.
on 8 July 2014
Decent beginners book. Pretty good information, though a bit more detail on some of the settings would have been nice. For the price, it's worth having.
on 25 May 2015
If you only read one photography book to help you use your digital camera then make it this one.
The author certainly knows his subject and tells you what to do and more importantly what not to do in a no-nonsense style with a nice sense of humour that keeps your interest.
It is one book that I certainly found both interesting and helpful and look forward to using the knowledge gleaned from Mr Kelby' s insightful look at digital cameras to practical use.
Highly recommended read.
Melvyn Hackney
Manchester, UK.
on 6 February 2015
Easy to read. Don't be put off by author's odd attempts at humour at start of book, it becomes less intrusive once the book gets going. Lots of really useful information presented in an easy to understand manner. There are handy tips for photographers of all abilities. I have bought the rest of the series.
on 8 July 2015
Brilliant, well pleased with my purchase. this is the updated version I purchase through Amazon kindle have not put it down yet, I think I will read this cover to cover. If photography is your passion you will love this book, I can not rate this highly enough I highly recommend it.

Cons: None
on 22 July 2015
I love this book! It is written as if your good buudy, who is a professional photographer with a good sense of humor, is explaining to you how to do things in practical terms. Actually, this book was recommended to me by a good friend, who is a professional photographer with a good sense of humor!