4.0 out of 5 stars A Practical Resource
Published 8 months ago by J. Haynes

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably ok if you can put up with the style!
Published 6 months ago by Mr D

4.0 out of 5 stars A Practical Resource, 19 Aug 2013
In simple terms, either you like Kelby's writing style of you don't however as in all the books of his I have read, he does give you a lot of practical information in an easy to follow form. In fact I've been using Lightroom since version 1 and although the product hasn't really radically changed, mainly it has just evolved in terms of the tools and had a few bits added to it, my use of it has changed over time.

Originally I used Lightroom mainly for getting my pictures onto my computer and cataloguing them, from there I used Photoshop for processing the RAW images. However as Lightroom has evolved and the tools within it, for processing photography you don't need to touch Photoshop. I therefore got hold of a copy of this book in Kindle format so that I could refer to it on screen and that really works well for me. Between this book and the on-line tutorials on Adobe TV, you should have all bases covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ebook which explains in detail the workings of the Lightroom 5., 21 Aug 2013
I have found the way it is written it is easy to jump to the subject I want to read without having to read others before I can understand it. Well laid out with little hints and tips in each subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 29 Aug 2013
Great book, goes through every step thoroughly with heaps of screenshots and clear explanations of various processes. I have no experience with Lightroom (am waiting for it to arrive in the post) but I can understand everything in this book with no problems.

I would have given it 5 except it is *so* thorough that it covers too many intermediate menu steps (which are pretty obvious) so it gets tedious and hard to stick with at times. Apart from that, thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Version - Excellent and easy to follow, 16 Aug 2013
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I downloaded a copy of Lightroom 5 demo, ran it and felt it was too complicated for me to change to use it. However after watching a number of online videos from the vendors of plugins I use, they all seemed to be using Lightroom and I began to see how a little bit of effort could pay off in the long run.

I checked out the books available and having read some of the authors books before I thought I would stick with what I had experience with. I'm pleased I did as this book is logical, easy to follow, gives some great tips and most importantly, contains the type of information I find useful on a daily basis when using this software.

If you have no experience with Lightroom may I suggest you read the book prior to running it as there are some great tips about setting up, importing and organizing which I wish I had been aware of when I started.

The Kindle version is as you would expect not as good on the illustrations as a hard copy but I have not really found that to be an issue as most of the relevant information can be gleaned from the text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from Scott Kelby, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Paperback)
Written in a way to be useful for the beginner, but also as an aide memoirs for the more experienced Lightroom reader. Opens up a whole new world of possibilityies allowing the reader to get the most out of the software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 5, 8 Sep 2013
An update of Scott Kelby's excellent series about Lightroom. This latest edition holds no surprises for those who are familiar with Scott's other books which are approachable and explain clearly Adobe's latest developments. A must for all those of you who wish to extract the most from this powerful piece of software. Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably ok if you can put up with the style!, 5 Oct 2013
Lots of good reviews for this, and being a new LR user, thought it would be what I was looking for. I'm no literary snob, but personally this authors style is just not for me. I just want the facts, clearly and unambiguously prioritised and presented. I found the jokey asides and overly 'pally' informal language etc. distracting and that doesn't make me want to pick this up to read when I get the chance. Will still be trying to use it as reference when I hit issues, but will do more research in future. Have since found some excellent, much more direct and punchy, stuff on the web that provides me with the sort of direct advice and guidance I was hoping for and need as a new User. Every one is different. Scott's style just does not suit me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good way to get the best out of Lightroom 5, 18 Nov 2013
I thought I had a pretty good general idea on how lightroom 5 works before I started with this book. Sad to say I was wrong. Really good guide with step by step guides on how to do thing right. Wish I read it before I started using Lightroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Nov 2013
J. Allen "Jack" (Glasgow United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought Lightroom because I got fed up with the limitations of iPhoto and Apple's Genius didn't convince me Aperture was the way to go, that plus Aperture hasn't been updated in a long time. You have to wonder if Apple is abandoning the high end of the market. At the time Lightroom was on special offer. Anyway I am not a professional photographer. Soctt Kelby is and is book is very much geared towards them.There's a lot in this book, and in Lightroom, that even the serious amateur will probably never use or need. Nevertheless, the book is well written and gets the just the right tone of imparting information without getting bogged down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 3 Oct 2013
A. WINFIELD (England) - See all my reviews
Delivered quickly. This is a thick book full of comprehensive information about Lightroom. I do wonder whether it would have been better for me in a simpler format and I do find his easy going style adds useless words to a very lengthy tomb. However, it is all there if you are prepared to wade through it.

ARRAY(0xacdc2498)