5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a discovery
Published 17 months ago by C Fielding

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - flawed examples
Establishing a workable workflow is key to making speedy progress in web development, hence my attraction to the a book with this title. The workflow portrayed fragments towards the end and this is not helped by some examples, particularly the dexy ones, not working as per the text.
Published 16 months ago by john cable

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem of a discovery, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Responsive Design Workflow (Paperback)
I ordered this book having discovered it via an article in April 2013 .NET Magazine. I have been re-thinking my workflows for a couple of years. Just how do you do this "mobile first" thing? When you are a solo/micro enterprise...it's not easy. Time and resources s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to the max. I ordered this book ahead of the published date - it was worth the wait.

I dived into Chapter 6: Breakpoint Graphs - this one section is worth the price of the book.

I skip read the book in one sitting. Thought about it for a few days. Took a week to re-read for the second time. Now, at the third reading.. I'm a going through this sentence by sentence. It’s like panning for gold, platinum and diamonds all in one place.
I am re-tooling current projects using the advice here. This is serious stuff. Future incomes depend on this. It's a book I wish I had written.

Hopefully, this will become a design classic. Only time will tell. Elegant thinking, packaged neatly - it deserves a wider audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars RWD FTW, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Responsive Design Workflow (Paperback)
Ever since Ethan Marcotte started us off on the Responsive Web Design path, we've all jumped headlong into it and moved, almost foolishly, into accommodating every type of device screen. This book, while I have to admit I haven't finished it yet, gives great insight into the "how" of planning a responsive design. Whether you are a designer, a ui developer or a front end guru, this book, in the way that "Don't make me think" by Steve Krug helped us consider usability, will ensure and encourage that your workflow is solid and, in some cases, even ensure that you have a workflow!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea - flawed examples, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Responsive Design Workflow (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great accompaniment to recent talks by the author, 25 July 2013
This book is essentially a more detailed version of recent talks on the same subject by the author which can be seen on YouTube and Vimeo. If you got a lot from the talks you may not be interested in the book as it covers the same ground but if you felt like you wanted to go deeper into those topics, then this book could be worth it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 30 May 2014
Susse Thrane "KiwiDK" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Responsive Design Workflow (Paperback)
Why is there a dictate on amount of words on the review. This makes me refuse time write a review and rate my purchases at all in the future. Annoying and it detracts from what you want from me. The stars is my review. Period.

Responsive Design Workflow
Responsive Design Workflow by Stephen Hay (Paperback - 9 April 2013)