5.0 out of 5 stars A Hugely Useful Learning Tool
Published 1 month ago by Iolis

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as far as it goes
For somebody starting from scratch it is a good book, well presented and thought out. However, I have been using Acrobat for many years and I wanted to learn some of the more esoteric features, it didn't help much with those.
Published 1 month ago by Brian Buckman

1.0 out of 5 stars I am stuck with Adobe Acrobat X1 on our computer ..., 3 July 2014
This review is from: Adobe Acrobat XI Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) (Paperback)
I am stuck with Adobe Acrobat X1 on our computer and I wish I could get the previous version back as it was very simple to use. This current version was 'got at' by computer geeks with too much time on their hands and is way too complicated for ordinary people. This book was along the same lines. The writer lost me in no time and I did not know what he was on about! It was returned in no time at all. Adobe Acrobat X1 wont be going on our new lap top if I can help it....

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as far as it goes, 4 Jun 2014
Brian Buckman "Ancient Communications Profess... (Northamptonshire, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hugely Useful Learning Tool, 18 May 2014
I do not usually bother writing reviews at all but I thought this product deserved it. I thought I would take maximum advantage of my student discount before the window closed leaving me to pay 'silly money' for the Acrobat system. I chose this book purely at random. I downloaded the Kindle version of the book and reduced down'' both Acrobat and the 'e'book to accommodate the computer screen (27" Mac). This allowed me to simply 'click' on the book's links to download the learning packages and access other sites. Those with more than one computer might like to work on one and read from another. The book is well laid-out. Being rather older than most, I do not consider myself 'techno nerd', but I found the book very easy and straightforward to read and to follow. It allowed me to navigate into areas and to perform functions I never even knew existed and to create a variety of forms from 'scratch'. I would recommend this book for those who, like me, start as Adobe novices. I feel that I have received a good return for my money and would congratulate the author on producing an excellent piece of work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this as a Kindle download, 6 Sep 2013
I have purchased many books on Kindle and enjoyed the convenience of the Kindle reader, but I would never, ever buy this type of book as a Kindle download again, mainly because of the amount time wasted going back and forth between related sections. I would however highly recommend the paperback version or even a downloaded version if your eBook reader has a print facility.

3.0 out of 5 stars Classroom in a Book - how not to teach people new things, 10 Aug 2013
For me, it fell into the common trap of using far too much peripheral information. I was bored stiff before it got to the essential point. Nor did it (or at least I didn't find where it did so) answer the particular problem I had. Trial and enter (or simply googling) provided more useful results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Acrobat XI Classroom in a Book, 7 April 2013
Anita "Anita" (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
As with all Adobe's Classroom in a Book series, it is well worth the money. It takes the reader from beginner to intermediate level within one book. You can't ask for more than that! Highly recommended!!

Adobe Acrobat XI Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
Adobe Acrobat XI Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) by Adobe Creative Team (Paperback - 29 Nov 2012)
34.99