on 9 December 2012
On the US Amazon website, the following note from the publishers appears: "Note from the Publisher:
Regrettably, the file named Greenscreen.mov in the Lesson 6 folder on the companion disc is corrupt. However, that same file is included multiple times on the disc (in lessons 7, 8, 9 and 10), so please use any other file named Greenscreen.mov in order to work through lesson 6."

Do note that so that you wont, as I've just done, waste a couple of hours trying to figure out what was wrong, chasing up codecs here there and everywhere and finally redownloading a copy of Elements 11 from the Adobe website!

But seriously, this book is in the great tradition of the Adobe 'Classroom ...' books familiar to me from Photoshop Elements, CS3 and then CS5. The clarity is there, the ease of the learning, all the exercise files you need on the DVD at the back of the book. It makes learning a real joy and no slog (as long as you take heed of the, um, er, errant file).

I know that the writers and producers of Adobe books and DVDs take immense trouble to get things right, but as we all know, even with that sort of dedication to detail, stuff can happen.

If you've got Elements 11, or are going to get it, buy this book. You'll love it.

-- Brian Robinson, Milton Keynes, UK
on 7 January 2013
I've struggled for the last two years to learn Premiere Elements 7 by 'mousing around' without any written guidance other than the booklet that was provided with the software which I found worse than useless. The supplied PDF manual was somewhat better enabling me to do very basic editing tasks. I recently bought Premiere Element 11 which has a much more user friendly user interface and has finally got rid of the ghastly black background which it also shared with Elements. Within a week of buying this book and following the lessons I'm already far more proficient. It's not easy to write clear instructions for complex operations but the author has done this very capably - and fortunately without relapsing into some of the dreadful American attempts at humour that is often encountered.

Highly recommended!
on 12 April 2013
To get the full benefit of this 'Classroom in a book' course, it requires the accompanying DVD which is only supplied with the physical book. There is no way to download the exercise files it refers to in the book.
It does not specify this on Amazon's web page. It should say clearly that the DVD is not included with the book and the fact that it doesn't is clearly a deceit perpetrated by both Amazon and the book publishers.

It pains me to post a negative review like this, as I am a massive Amazon fan and it is by far, my favourite online or offline company. The no DVD thing is NOT Amazon's fault, I know that. It's just that they should warn people before the customer buys it.

I have just purchased 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, the missing manual' and there's a nice 2 gig download to accompany the book. That's how it should be done.

On a more positive note, the book is well laid out and is clear concise and colourful. Of course, I am reading it on 'Kindle for iPad' and also 'Kindle for PC'. It would be rubbish on a traditional B&W Kindle.

Who knows, maybe Adobe will retrospectively allow the DVD download?
on 12 May 2013
Having used Premiere Elements for over 10 years, upgrading as each version has been released, I thought I knew most of the features offered by PE.

However, having purchased this book/DVD I now feel that I DO know most of the features offered by PE.

For instance, even the preliminary chapters dealing with how the software assigns formats based on the media you import, was a revelation.

For those of you like me, with a lot of experience, I'm sure there will be something valuable you can take from working through the 'course'.

I especially liked the option to 'experiment' within each lesson, rather than be tied to a rigid 'training' sequence as I find the best way to learn is to be shown the basics then allowed to use your imagination to explore the details.

As you can hopefully tell, I don't regret buying this item at all.
on 29 August 2013
This book isvery comprehensive, but uses a lot of jargon. You can find your way through, but I found it slow and laborious. Also the book keeps closing, and you lose your place, hence the need for a third hand.
on 23 September 2013
You can't have a complex manual on a Kindle - it doesn't work. This is the first and last time I will make use of a Kindle in this way. As for the book content, who knows? Impossible to use seriously
on 22 April 2013
Good concept but can be rather verbose on occasions. Certainly helped me to learn Premiere Elements, which is not that user friendly.
on 27 January 2014
Great Books, I have been six months at my TV/FILM/MEDIA/PHOTOGRAPHY Course now and I love it. I am in the middle of shooting my first short film. I don't like Editing so far, but with this book and my own PC at home, I am starting to get the hang of it. Great Books. I have bought my first movie camera, and starting to get to know it. This book helps, I like it!
on 28 November 2014
After paying for Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements it makes sense to get the most out of you purchase and although it takes time to work through the two Classroom books it is time well spent.
Only draw back being that it means investing more in a particular version of the Adobe products and hence I am more reluctant to upgrade!
on 8 March 2013
takes you step by step on how to use ellements11. good tutorial material

with excellent way of learning. shows all aspects of the software and is also an excellent

reference book for later