5.0 out of 5 stars One great book but important note re Chapter 6
On the US Amazon website, the following note from the publishers appears: "Note from the Publisher:
Published 19 months ago by G. B. ROBINSON

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the Kindle version!
To get the full benefit of this 'Classroom in a book' course, it requires the accompanying DVD which is only supplied with the physical book. There is no way to download the exercise files it refers to in the book.
Published 15 months ago by Mr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One great book but important note re Chapter 6, 9 Dec 2012
G. B. ROBINSON (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) (Paperback)
Regrettably, the file named Greenscreen.mov in the Lesson 6 folder on the companion disc is corrupt. However, that same file is included multiple times on the disc (in lessons 7, 8, 9 and 10), so please use any other file named Greenscreen.mov in order to work through lesson 6."

Do note that so that you wont, as I've just done, waste a couple of hours trying to figure out what was wrong, chasing up codecs here there and everywhere and finally redownloading a copy of Elements 11 from the Adobe website!

But seriously, this book is in the great tradition of the Adobe 'Classroom ...' books familiar to me from Photoshop Elements, CS3 and then CS5. The clarity is there, the ease of the learning, all the exercise files you need on the DVD at the back of the book. It makes learning a real joy and no slog (as long as you take heed of the, um, er, errant file).

I know that the writers and producers of Adobe books and DVDs take immense trouble to get things right, but as we all know, even with that sort of dedication to detail, stuff can happen.

If you've got Elements 11, or are going to get it, buy this book. You'll love it.

-- Brian Robinson, Milton Keynes, UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction to video editing, 7 Jan 2013
I've struggled for the last two years to learn Premiere Elements 7 by 'mousing around' without any written guidance other than the booklet that was provided with the software which I found worse than useless. The supplied PDF manual was somewhat better enabling me to do very basic editing tasks. I recently bought Premiere Element 11 which has a much more user friendly user interface and has finally got rid of the ghastly black background which it also shared with Elements. Within a week of buying this book and following the lessons I'm already far more proficient. It's not easy to write clear instructions for complex operations but the author has done this very capably - and fortunately without relapsing into some of the dreadful American attempts at humour that is often encountered.

Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the Kindle version!, 12 April 2013
Mr "Mol" (Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It does not specify this on Amazon's web page. It should say clearly that the DVD is not included with the book and the fact that it doesn't is clearly a deceit perpetrated by both Amazon and the book publishers.

It pains me to post a negative review like this, as I am a massive Amazon fan and it is by far, my favourite online or offline company. The no DVD thing is NOT Amazon's fault, I know that. It's just that they should warn people before the customer buys it.

I have just purchased 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, the missing manual' and there's a nice 2 gig download to accompany the book. That's how it should be done.

On a more positive note, the book is well laid out and is clear concise and colourful. Of course, I am reading it on 'Kindle for iPad' and also 'Kindle for PC'. It would be rubbish on a traditional B&W Kindle.

Who knows, maybe Adobe will retrospectively allow the DVD download?

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally wrong format (Kindle) for this subject matter, 23 Sep 2013
You can't have a complex manual on a Kindle - it doesn't work. This is the first and last time I will make use of a Kindle in this way. As for the book content, who knows? Impossible to use seriously

3.0 out of 5 stars I need 3 hands, 29 Aug 2013
This book isvery comprehensive, but uses a lot of jargon. You can find your way through, but I found it slow and laborious. Also the book keeps closing, and you lose your place, hence the need for a third hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, 22 April 2013
Good concept but can be rather verbose on occasions. Certainly helped me to learn Premiere Elements, which is not that user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was given as a gift. I have only ..., 11 July 2014
It was given as a gift. I have only had indirect, unsought feedback but the gift appears to have been well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR MY PHOTOGRAPHY!, 27 Jan 2014
Great Books, I have been six months at my TV/FILM/MEDIA/PHOTOGRAPHY Course now and I love it. I am in the middle of shooting my first short film. I don't like Editing so far, but with this book and my own PC at home, I am starting to get the hang of it. Great Books. I have bought my first movie camera, and starting to get to know it. This book helps, I like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Classroom., 2 Jan 2014
J. Harris (Truro, Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this for those in the early stages of video editing as it is well laid out and easy to understand.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK book, 30 Sep 2013
I have found some of the lessons a little superfluous. I wanted to just get into some clever video editing without the steep learning curve of experimenting. Useful, but could be better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
26.19