5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D3200: From snapshots to Great Shots
Just purchased the NikonD3200 so wanted the book on it, and very pleased I am too for getting it.
Easy to follow and very clear print. Certainly would recommend to purchase it.
Published 16 months ago by C. tracy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Not as mind-blowing as I was expecting. I think I was more advanced that I realised, though I picked up a few tips along the way. A book for a new photographer.
Published 8 days ago by Mr. Ashley Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D3200: From snapshots to Great Shots, 11 Dec 2012
C. tracy "CEEJAY" (SPAIN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Easy to follow and very clear print. Certainly would recommend to purchase it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D3200, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
New to DSLR photography so wanted a book that would take you through the practicalities of operating my new camera and getting good results. The great thing about the book is that it is not a instruction manual but leads you through how to make the most of your camera in certain situation. There is some technical information but this is pitched at a level which is good. Overall, I would thoroughly recommed this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with the book and only had a quick look at the moment, and the Amazon Service as usual great, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Because the book is very discriptive, and the pictures will help as well, and being nearly 70 I need good explanation , and diagrames, and I am so pleased with the camera as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH THE PRICE, 12 Feb 2013
Tish (Sheffield South Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I haven't yet completed reading this book, but I have flicked through it and have started reading it seriously. So far I have no complaints. It is well written and although I am only about half way through serious reading, it is answering my questions as it goes, and teaching me more than I had hoped. I would advise doing the set tasks at the end of each chapter in order to cement learning, particularly if like me, you are a novice.

I strongly suspect that once I have completed reading from cover to cover, it will remain an important reference source, making it good value for money and ensuring it will never gather dust.

5.0 out of 5 stars An appropriate series addition for this recent model, 29 Aug 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
The 'From Snapshots to Great Shots' series is a growing one and covers a variety of topics mostly on one aspect of photography, such as landscapes or black and white, or in a couple of instances to date on a specific camera. This is one of those and the camera, although priced for and with a feature set aimed at the user for whom this may well be their first serious camera or dSLR. However, there is one feature of this model that rather sets it aside - and rather far to the side - of many of its similarly priced and featured alternatives; that is its 24 megapixel capability!

The purpose of this book is not to replace the camera manual, although it could, but to expand upon it. In most instances, the manual may explain what a certain button or dial will do and under what circumstances and may also include a list of those items and adjustments that exist within its several layers of menu but does not have the space to explain some of them more fully. Some are quite obvious and speak for themselves but when or why you should allow ISO settings to be controlled by the camera or selected manually may not be fully explained. There are many others where this may also be true, not least the various image qualities on offer. The book offers an opportunity to explore the camera a little further, to add sections which the manual omits and possibly, should you choose, to store it in the gadget bag or otherwise with the camera should you need to clarify something at some later date.

This is one of the first books from any publisher to appear for this model. Whether or not it is any better or worse than its competitors will depend solely whether or not it answers the questions you may have. That isn't a question I can answer for you. You will need to decide.

Of those titles I have seen, the series is one that is worthy of consideration by any new(ish) photographer or one wishing to further explore the subject. Those of its titles that comprise 'camera guides' are slightly different and are likely to be purchased either by those who had recently made the purchase or are seriously considering doing so. There are reviews to be found on-line, but this provides a far more detailed - but different - look at the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect..., 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Great book with the right balance keeping it simple but technical at the same time, I bought it for my 13 year old boy to get him started in photography and he loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits the spot for me., 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
As a novice, this book gives me enough details, enough to form my own opinion on how to use my camera, enough pointers to follow to make sure I get that perfect picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars look before you leap, 3 Nov 2012
B. Zabavnik (down town shepherds bush beneath the BBC) - See all my reviews
I made a mistake in buying this book as a kindle product and it is really difficult to follow in that format. Otherwise like its previous incarnation in d3100 it is a really good browse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book !, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
As i'm a new DSLR owner and have no prior experience of DSLR cameras I needed a book that taught me in an easy to read format.

This book is great, its laid out in easy to understand chapters, building knowledge as you read through. At the end of each chapter are assignments (should you choose to accept them !) and as it's specific to the D3200 it's a great addition to the user manual.

Highly recommended to D3200 owners especially if you are new to DSLR cameras.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful beginner's reference, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Helpful reference for a complete beginner into the world of Digital photography. Wouldn't have figured out certain functions on camera if not for this.

ARRAY(0xae1169c8)

Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Nikon D3200: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Rob Sylvan (Paperback - 5 Aug 2012)
12.39