5.0 out of 5 stars WOW again
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:19 Mins
I've noticed that this series has shrunk in page sizes over time. The CS4 version had 496 pages, CS5 with 304 pages and now the CS6 version has 284 pages. I don't have the CS4 WOW book so I can't say for certain what material has been dropped. Anyway, that's not important because the book is still great!

This book is for the...
Published 15 months ago by Parka

3.0 out of 5 stars A disapointing book for me
I will qualify this feedback by restating the 'for me' aspect. I was seeking a book that would walk through the features of Illustrator CS6 and explain how to add that 'Wow' factor. Unfortunately this book does not deliver in the way that meets my needs.
Published 12 months ago by D. Dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW again, 18 Jun 2013
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:19 Mins

This book is for the intermediate and professional uses. You need to have the basics to fully appreciate the content.

This is a tips and techniques book. There are plenty of practical tips. One thing I like about the series is they use real life examples. Many artists have their work featured and there's commentary explaining how their working process. The writing is concise and easy to follow. There are many neat tricks that aren't featured in official training guides. These are what set this book apart from others.

There's no more disc with the book. You've got to download it from their WOW! Online website. Shouldn't be a problem unless you have no internet connection.

Since this is a series of books, some of the material in this CS6 book is repeated and updated from the CS5 book.There is a lot of new content too.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Draw, 23 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Adobe Illustrator CS6 Wow! Book (Paperback)
I have used Sharon's books on illustrator since Ai.CS and found them all inspiring as well as practical guides. The guides are created with the assumption of a reasonable level of knowledge of illustrator.
The book is filled with some great examples of professional illustrators work form around the world with in depth description of their processes with the files accessible online. Great inspiration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Useful Information, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Adobe Illustrator CS6 Wow! Book (Paperback)
This is a book which has something new to teach an experienced Illustrator user on nearly every page. It is not for beginners and won't teach you about the wide range of facilities in Illustrator, the 'Classroom in a Book' is much better for that. However, when you get to the stage where you think you know Illustrator pretty well but wonder if there is anything you've missed, this book will surprise and delight you with the many additional nuggets of information which it unearths.

3.0 out of 5 stars A disapointing book for me, 26 Aug 2013
D. Dickson (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Adobe Illustrator CS6 Wow! Book (Paperback)
Illustrator is a complex application, I have been using it since its introduced in the 'CS' form, has CS2, CS3, CS4 skipped CS5 and now have CS6. I do not use Illustrator frequently and whilst I have mastered some of the basics I just do not have the time, nor the artistic talent, to develop the output demonstrated in this work!
Having said that I am sure that if your are brimming with artistic talent waiting to be applied to digital artwork this book has plenty within it to stimulate your 'artistic bent'. Each Chapter is accompanied by a printed Gallery of finished illustrations that should inspire the reader - each illustration in the gallery has a brief explanation of how the image was created.

If you are looking for a book to walk you through the features of Illustrator CS6 and explain how to add that 'Wow' factor than I can't recomend The Adobe Illustrator CS6 Wow! Book - but if you have buckets of artistic talent then this book could be just what you are looking for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by Sharon Steuer, 6 Oct 2012
Ms. R. Fryer (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Adobe Illustrator CS6 Wow! Book (Paperback)
I have followed the Illustrator Books by Sharon Steuer starting with Illustrator CS WOW, the CS4 and now CS6 all great books full of illustrations by top designers and it always gives you the wow factor.

I've gone for 4 stars on the CS6 book as it's a thinner book and maybe that's because it concentrates on newer features, and I did have problems finding information regarding the Warp Brushes but it really is the best Illustrator book on the market.

The Adobe Illustrator CS6 Wow! Book
The Adobe Illustrator CS6 Wow! Book by Sharon Steuer (Paperback - 23 Aug 2012)
31.99