5.0 out of 5 stars InDesign CS6: Visual Quickstart Guide
I have used both Adobe InDesign CS6 Classroom in a Book and Brilliant InDesign CS6, however, they don't compare to Sandee Cohen's Visual Quickstart Guide. This lady really knows her stuff and what she doesn't know isn't worth worrying about.

Published 22 months ago by Anita

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK
It's the first Visual Quickstart Book I have used. Although it is helpful, it's not really my style of book - I prefer a book that tells you the why as well as the how.

Published 20 months ago by Robert P

5.0 out of 5 stars InDesign CS6: Visual Quickstart Guide, 7 Sep 2012
Anita "Anita" (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: InDesign CS6: Visual Quickstart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides) (Paperback)

Whereas Adobe InDesign CS6 CIB skims the tasks needed to learn CS6, Sandee Cohen covers everything you could possibly wish to know about the software. I can't speak highly enough of this book. If you are only interested in the print & design side of the InDesign CS6 software, you only need one book and this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A self-teach for new users and a very handy reference for those with more experience, 23 Jan 2014
IanW (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Whenever I need a software guide for Adobe products, I search the Amazon website to see if there is a 'Visual Quickstart Guide' for it. If I find one, which I always seem to do, I look no further. These guides are, clear and easy to read, full of useful 'tips and tricks' and serve as a self-teach for new users and a very handy reference for those with more experience.
Quickstart Guides have always been good value for money, but now purchasers also get access to video tutorials and e-versions in MOBI and PDF formats at no additional cost.
In my view, these Quickstart Guides set the standard that others need to follow, and the InDesign CS6 guide is no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on the topic, 21 Feb 2013
I've been using this series from the start and they are excellent. A better choice than the 'official' Adobe ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars You need a bit of background for this one!, 1 July 2014
I used the Easy Steps in Design to get started and am starting to grow into this one. I guess it depends where your starting point is. If you are on zero use Easy Steps and progress to this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit much for a beginner, 8 July 2013
The book was quite extensive but I found it a bit hard going but I am a beginner with InDesign and I suspect someone who had some previous experience would find it very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teach yourself if you cant afford instructor led training, 7 May 2013
Excellent item, ideal for teach yourself, although you cant beat a good instructor led course.
Especially the one I run !!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 23 Oct 2012

The book is what it says it is - visual - and I think that it would be almost as useful to just go through every single menu item and ask "what does this do?" because that is more or less what the book does for you. I have learned a few things from it, so it's not a total waste of money, and the fact that you get a Kindle version for free has its merits. I think that in the future I'll stick to buying books that I can sit down and read, though.

3.0 out of 5 stars In Design tutor, 26 July 2013
I haven't had a chance to thoroughly investigate what this book can give me - ask me again in a couple of months' time.

InDesign CS6: Visual Quickstart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
18.39