5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book to purchase!
Published on 7 Dec 2011 by PSYCHIC1975

2.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction with flaws
Published 22 months ago by David R. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book to purchase!, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) (Paperback)
I'm going to keep this short and simple. Ok, yes, a little pricey, but then i guess from my experience you pay for what you get. Each of the chapters in the book are lessons, and these work in conjuction with a disc, that is supplied of material relating to what's in the actual book. So as it says in the title, a classroom in a book. Basically it's like paying for a miniature college course. Never had a book like this with a disc before, but personally i feel it works really well. The results being, easy to learn, very informative and clearly illustrated. But on this note, we are talking about Adobe! So on a scale, 10/10 for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 5 Feb 2012
very good book. easy to follow and understand.everything clearly explained. good for those wanting to learn how to work photoshop elements 10 without the stress of sussing it out yourself

4.0 out of 5 stars Teach Yourself PSE10, 18 April 2012
Does what it says on the tin. Not yet finished it - still working my way through. I found that you do sometimes have to guess a step or two. Seems OK otherwise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Elements 10, 7 Mar 2012
Having purchased Adobe Elements 10 and installing it I found it considerably different to a much earlier version I had on my PC. This 'Classroom in a Book' was very helpful in guiding me through the facilities within the software. The pace was just about right. Now that I have got to grips with the basics it will become a good reference source for any future task I would like to try. I found the Kindle version quite workable. However, I think that the associated software for the lessons should have been mentioned at the beginning of the material rather than at the end which would have made it easier to locate before commencing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classroom in a Book, 5 Mar 2012
Book and disc are very good. When used in conjunction with Adobe's web sites provide an excellent start to Elements
The lessons do take you through the product well, I would recommend it to anyone new to the art of Photo manipulation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Manual for 7D, 27 Feb 2012
I AM QUITE PLEASED WITH MY NEW MANAUL I LIKE THE LARGE COLOR PICTURES TO SHOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS AND THE EXPLANATIONS OF WHAT THY DO

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good so far, 8 Feb 2012
Given lack of Adobe manuals, this is proving invaluable. I'm having a grapple with one problem at the moment which isn't articulated in an index so need to search around in the book. I am not using it in a disciplined, class-room way but as an aide to editing my photos from a recent trip. I'm making good progress so far. The hard stuff will come later. Thank goodness I now understand more about Organiser and its ramifications. I haven't tackled layers yet though !

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, easy to read, 25 Nov 2012
C. Bewsher "Chris B" (Wirral) - See all my reviews
from the Adobe team, well laid out and easy to follow, it comes with a cd packed with pictures and video to practise from while working through the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction with flaws, 25 Aug 2012
There should be an edition for non US users. I have discovered that some of the exercises are not possible here in the UK as there are two versions of the programme. One for the US and one for everyone else. There is only one book so it covers the US version. As a reference of what's available it is quite good but I'm looking for a book which covers what is available to UK users of the software. I was very reluctant to give any more than two stars but I thought one was a bit too mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can cope with this!, 9 Mar 2012
Elements 10 is a brilliant piece of software. There was a time when I was paid to use the full Photoshop but, if I'm being honest, it was just too much. Elements is just about the limit which professional IT users can work with purpose. If you also work with other software then this is plenty and you can produce work of a very high quality. Extra effects and filters are great for those who understand them but Elements is pretty damn near the mark for the rest of us.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
23.16