1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Its just plain bad don't bother, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: IOS 5 Core Frameworks: Develop and Design: Working with Graphics, Location, ICloud, and More (Paperback)
Warning, I bought this book in Dec 2011 and while initially a little surprised as there was only a small amount of code examples from the book on the website I expected very soon there would be more. It is now the beginning of Feb 2012 and there have been no additions to the example code on the website. Although you can contact the Author directly why should I?
The purpose of code support books is to help people understand concepts and provide working examples to help the user debug their own applications. A book on coding that only contains snippets of code is next to useless especially as I have found several that just don't work or required hours of debugging and searching the internet to get working in a real environment.
I bought this book as having already spent a few months writing simple applications I wanted to extend my knowledge. This book appeared to be more specific on several areas and I expected more detail on each topic to really go beyond the what I call "skip it all" type books that cover everything but in a very light way. I am sorry to say but this book just offers the same skip over it style, the examples are simple and don't offer anything above many other books I already own.
This feels like a rush it out as its IOS5 the latest SDK from Apple with promises like iCloud etc it appears to be right on the edge of the wave but its not. Use the internet instead of this book or wait longer like I should have done and get a reviewed title that you know offers you what you want.