5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners
The D3100 comes with a really helpful and easy to read user manual. Although the manual shows how a camera feature is accessed, what is missing is why it should be used to enhance one's photography. This book helps fill that gap. It's an easy read, jargon free and assumes little DSLR experience. To be fair to the D3100 the camera's 'guide mode' makes a pretty good job...
Published on 6 Jan. 2011 by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars it was ok but a lot of the lens's wasnt ...
it was ok but a lot of the lens's wasnt the lens 18-55mm which usually comes with the camera some parts were ok
Published 4 months ago by tony

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 19 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
This book helped me transform a basic and fading knowledge of slr photography and develop it into an understanding of the digital slr I had settled on and the photographic techniques that can be acheived with it. I'm having the d3100 for Christmas and can't wait to start applying my new knowledge to create great pictures. It's well written and easy to understand, even without the camera in front of you. I wouldn't have even known some of the features existed, let alone how to apply them to acheive certain techniques. I would definitly reccomend this book to anyone wanting to learn or get back into photography using the d3100.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only guide you'll ever need, 22 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
A beautifully constructed guide which I'd recommend to all Nikon D3100 users from the beginners to the more serious photographers. The author doesn't assume you already know the ins and outs of a dSLR yet the writing style is so engaging that it wouldn't bore you if you did.
This book shows you which settings will suit for every occasion whilst explaining the whys and hows so you're able to understand how to take a truly great picture.
I wouldn't be without this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful addition to the manual, 26 Oct. 2012
Peter Mercer (Lisburn, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Saw the book in Amazon and downloaded a section on to my Kindle (black and white) but felt I would be losing a bit by not having the pages in colour (of course if I'd had a Kindle Fire it might have been different), so ordered a hard copy, which arrived promptly - still working my way through it in conjunction with the manual - amazing how much technology is packed into such a camera! A useful addition to the manual - only slight gripe is that the section on the video has to be downloaded, although not a difficult thing to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book., 26 Dec. 2011
JayceeHC (Rushden, Northants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Having just bought a Nikon D3100 camera with its kit lens, plus another lens (Nikkor 55-300mm) and an excellent bag to carry them in, I needed to learn a bit more about using the kit. I bought, therefore, this book by Jeff Revell and found it to be just what I was looking for to assist my learning and enjoyment of the camera. It is written in a friendly but knowledgeable way by Mr Revell and it is very easy to follow, even the more technical and difficult issues, and I hope that in time I will truly go 'From Snapshots to Great Shots'. I have already surprised myself with the quality of some of my shots of grand-children and family pet dogs and this book has encouraged me to experiment with the various controls which means, instead of being on auto-focus all the time, (as I used to be with my previous camera (A compact digital))I will be more creative in my photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 8 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
What a great buy! I am so pleased to have this as a companion to my camera. It is a pleasure to open and contains so much useful information in a very user-friendly format with such lovely colourful pictures too. It fills me with enthusiasm for developing my camera skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars No shame about the books claim, 2 Nov. 2011
Paul Hoffman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
This guide does what the title claims. It took me just 3 days to read and use the book and to gain the self-confidence to take photos without having to use the motif, automatic and programme buttons (hopefully) ever again. A handy reference concise and simple to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm learning a lot with book, 4 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I bought my Nikon D3100 in December '10 and after a while I was getting frustrate with lack of results. I knew the camera was a reasonable one comparing with my previous point-and-shot ones.

I had received this book on May 9th and since them I cant stop reading it. I can tell you for sure that my pictures are getting better and better.

Good edition, easy reading for non english natives, newbies to the photography world and most of all cheap!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars In my opinion, 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
This is a seriously good book if you have a Nikon D3100. If you don't have a D3100, see if Jeff has written a book for the make and model of your camera, he has written loads!
Start with the first chapter and do everything he asks you to do, you can change it later if you want, but it gets you familiar with your camera and teaches you things that do not appear in the handbook. Then work your way through chapter by chapter,to the end. You'll see what I mean when you get there.
Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got a D3100? New to DSLR? Read this book!, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
This book is growing the seeds of expression that will be reflected through the lens of my Nikon D3100.
I'm really enjoying reading through the chapters of this book.
I recently took the plunge into DSLR after my stubborn old point and click refused to open up any more. I've had an SLR before (still have - Mamiya MSX500) but I haven't used it for so long with digital being around (about 10 years). Whilst the DLSR is based on the knowledge and techniques of the SLR (exposure, aperture, etc) the DLSR brings with it many things I couldn't do so easily before, e.g. ISO and white balance.
Those extra options are available instantly and altogether the ability of the D3100 can be overwhelming, but reading this book is helping me to overcome the skill gap that's developed. There are so many more variables to take into account and this book is breaking them down successfully. It simplifies the options, explains the difference between all of the modes and it's refreshing my memory for things I learnt about SLR and have forgotten using point & click. I'm developing new skills specific to DSLR, with that I'm developing new ideas and approaches. I love that each of the chapters has a set of challenges at the end of it so you can test the skills and knowledge you've acquired through your reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book about the d3100 available today!, 28 Nov. 2012
Walking_Mick (Portadown, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
There's not a lot to write about this book that hasn't already been said in the other reviews. I'm a professional photographer and even I found it helpful. If you buy it you won't be disappointed. The writing style is clear and easy to grasp. All the points are concise to allow for further development on your own but with the knowledge that there is back up if and when you need it. Great purchase. Arrived quickly and in immaculate condition.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Nikon D3100: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Jeff Revell (Paperback - 29 Nov. 2010)