5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!
I bought this book as I wanted to rewrite an existing book and have it available on the iBookstore. I waited until I had completed the process before submitting a review.

Published 9 months ago by Paul Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Mainly for those who know html code
Published on 20 May 2011 by R. K. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Mainly for those who know html code, 20 May 2011
R. K. Hall "pianoforall.com" (Belfast Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I got this thinking it would show me how to create epub books 'straight to the point' but when I read through it it is clearly for people who know about adding html code. No doubt it is great information for those who know code but if you just wanted to know how to put pages together in a 'drag and drop' way then this will be beyond you. The book talks about using indesign but doesn't show you the basics - it shows you how to create epub books IF you already have a knowledge of indesign. If you DO know html I would recommend the print version because all the information gets too much for a tiny kindle screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 29 Sep 2013
Paul Hill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EPub Straight to the Point: Creating Ebooks for the Apple IPad and Other Ereaders (Paperback)

EPub Straight to the Point is an excellent guide taking you from writing a book in Indesign or Word through to uploading to the iBookstore. I read the whole book first and then went through it again whilst completing all the steps required. I now have my book available on the iBookstore so it works!

Creating a book for the iBookstore is a much more complicated procedure than I initially realised and Liz has done a great job in presenting the information in a clear and concise way. As there are so many different areas to understand when creating a valid file, extra research is definitely required although Liz points you in the right direction.

I had a question that I could not find an answer too and thought I would ask Liz on Twitter. I had a response in a few minutes which shows that she is passionate about her subject.

If you are thinking of writing an ebook, I highly recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too technical, 13 Feb 2012
I have sampled several books hoping to get the help I need to create and upload an ebook. This one seemed to promise just that. However it is extremely technical and definitely not as promised 'straight to the point'.

18.99