5.0 out of 5 stars Wide range of subjects, truly cross-discplinary
It is great to get stuck into this book well before the course starts (OU S808). This is an excellent up-to-date text book on climate change. I have cross-referenced with my other course books (S330 - Oceanography, S328 - Ecology and S366 - Evolution) and everything is as it should be. This will be an excellent reference book for the course and after.
Published on 8 Dec. 2009 by John Wilshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally thin paper!
I pre-ordered this book as I am sure it covers the subject very well.

However, when it eventually arrived I was very dissappointed by how thin the paper was.

This may sound like a trivial complaint, but I have never held a book of so many pages that was nevertheless so 'floppy' as a result of the exceptionally thin paper used.

Certainly,...
Published on 13 Jan. 2010 by Jimbo

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide range of subjects, truly cross-discplinary, 8 Dec. 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but no more so that similar text books, 20 July 2014
This review is from: The Earth System (Paperback)
Expensive for the thickness of book but that's how it goes these days I guess. Set text for my OU course at masters level but doesn't contain much more than the texts I used as an undergraduate three years ago. Some good diagrams and reasonably clear to read. Lacks a bit of depth in some places I felt.
Hopefully I can make some money back selling it on post course!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally thin paper!, 13 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Earth System (Paperback)
I pre-ordered this book as I am sure it covers the subject very well.

Certainly, for a book costing over £40 pounds I expected more.

It is possible that I received a version that was uusual in this regard, but for reasons of durability I returned the copy I had received and will wait until I find a copy I can examine before purchase to ensure that it is printed on 'normal' paper.

To give you an idea, the paper was lighter than even the cheapest A4 pad you can find.

At least with free delivery and a good returns policy you can try before you decide with Amazon.

The Earth System
The Earth System by Robert G. Crane (Paperback - 6 Aug. 2010)
Used & New from: £32.97