4.0 out of 5 stars well put together video
I bought this video to run alongside my exellent [cs5 for photographers,by scott kelby]
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by Thomas C. Hughes

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked Good, but is very disappointing
Published on 11 Nov 2010 by Learn Ta Apex Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Looked Good, but is very disappointing, 11 Nov 2010
This review is from: Learn Adobe Photoshop CS5 by Video: Core Training in Visual Communication (Learn by Video) (Paperback)
The product is well presented and looked quite good, I was really looking forward to diving in to this training. Unfortunately the presentation of the product does not reflect the quality of the training which I found to be very light weight and not very well put together, the lesson layout as no real structure to it. Topics of importance are skipped and key aspects that are important are glossed over. To make matters worse the training application would constantly crash. I've purchased other Photoshop CS5 training videos that are far superior to this one. Pros: looks good on your bookshelf, Cons: teaches very little

4.0 out of 5 stars well put together video, 19 Oct 2010
there are three tutors,and,i dont want to come over as a chauvinist, but, the lady,s voice grates on me to the point of, i find it very hard to follow what she is telling me what to do,[she has one of those very strong american accents,that seem to be asking questions all the time,]but what she is telling you is very informative,it has subtitles, so, now and again i turn her voice off and read the lesson as it goes along, but,this is a lot slower
the other 2 thirds of the video run by the 2 male tutors i can just about handle,one of them sounds a bit like kirmitt the frog however,they dont speak like they are asking questions all the time
overall this video is a very profesional informative cs5 bunch of lessons, and, you cant fail to learn from it.
i would most definetly have given this 5 stars only for those accents, especialy the lady's
this is a very good buy at amazon's price, recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is awesome, 28 Jan 2012
Hi there.
I have both several different books about Photoshop and all where ok but this one is really really good.
I thought that I know a lot about selections or adjustments or other Ps features but this book (DVD) shows most of basic Os features but from different point o view, how you can use them in real life.
I do not have enough words to describe its potential but I will for sure buy this book (DVD) for my other tusks like final cut pro x or other.
I'm not a Ps pro and I know I have a lot to learn and I know that this book showed me the way
all the best to you
AVPkropeczka

4.0 out of 5 stars well presented but disappointing content, 14 Oct 2010
allan (Hartlepool,) - See all my reviews
I bought this package hoping to get a good video presentation of all the new features in CS5. Unfortunately the vast majority of the video content is based on Photoshop in general of which I have a very good knowledge. All the new features of CS5 are mentioned, but not covered in detail, in the included booklet (I would not call it a book). In a nutshell, I would say if you are looking to get a good knowledge of Photoshop this may be for you. If you are looking to be brought up to speed on the new features of CS5 don't waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars very well put together package, 1 Oct 2010
This is as it says, core training. It starts with the basics and builds up to a very good working knowledge of pscs5. (many points are repeated in later tutorials so there is an ongoing review process).
It is much easier to follow video tutorials (watch-and-work) than working from a book.
There are bookmarks available for quick return to any point.
Each video is well labelled and most are less than 10 mins.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Product, 3 Dec 2010
I found this video package to be an exellent product, I found Kelly McCathrans input to it to be First Class and well presented. I would suggest to the reviewer whose M/c crashed that he buys a M/c with a bit more Ram. Good value for money at a very good price. And after spending a further 6 Months with it, I can say once again that it is well presented and comes with a good selection of teaching matterial.
John Bentley Liverpool.