5.0 out of 5 stars Quickstart Guide to InDesign CS 5.5, 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: InDesign CS5 for Macintosh and Windows: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides) (Paperback)
Having used Pagemaker for a school magazine and the early versions of InDesign I needed to get up to speed with CS5.5. I had a some idea of what I wanted to do but needed 'how to do it'. I'm reasonably familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator and found I kept returning to these Peachpit Quickstart guides in preference to others, so I chose this one. It answered all my questions in a clear manner. The actual Indesign program is mainly black lettering on a pale background so this book manages very well without the gimmick of colour. Importantly the diagrams are clear and the whole is well laid out. I find it excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly useful book, 20 April 2012
Bought this book as I needed a reference guide. Learning Indesign whilst working on it meant I needed something which provided clear and illustrated instructions - this does the job perfectly! Would recommend it to anybody who is starting out on Indesign or who needs to be reminded of how to do things.

5.0 out of 5 stars InDesign Guide, 4 Oct 2013
Although I already knew the basics of InDesign, I needed guidance on the more advanced features of the programme. This book is excellent - clear, concise and well laid out.