5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book
I had read the reviews on various books relevant to the Nikon D5000 and decided that this was the best for me. I'm an ethusiastic amateur(but not very good) rather than a complete beginner, but this book would suit anyone new to DSLRs. It is easy to read from cover to cover or by picking out chapters and Jeff Revell uses a touch of humour from time to time which helps...
Published on 27 Nov. 2009 by Jim Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Damaged
The item was marked as being as good as new whereas the cover is slightly damaged. hopefully this won't prove embarrassing as it's for a present
Published 13 months ago by miss holly v r blamire

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!!!, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Step by step intro into your camera, which is interesting and easy to follow. I hate instruction manuals, but this is, an I say is because I will keep going back to it, a pleasure to read. Not only does it teach you about the Nikon D5000 in wonderful detail, but it goes on to help you take a great picture with all settings off auto!!! I have learned so much from this book that I have let my Son borrow it and he uses a Canon! Don't miss the opportunity to use this excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I found the product to be exactly as described and am very pleased with it - I would recommend you to my friends

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for first dip into using all the camera settings., 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I wanted to learn how to make use of all the other settings rather than just the 'Auto'ones.
Very informtive and great illustrations.Finished reading through and now starting again to try and digest and retain the contents properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for first time SLR user, 6 Feb. 2012
A. Firbank - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
This is a really good book to get you into using the best features of the D5000. I read it cover to cover on holiday and started being quite "arty" with my photos. Forget the supplied stock manual, this book is what you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Stop trying to get to know your camera by reading the instruction manual: boring and only technical. This book combines technical information with daily practice. And provides tips to handle your camera that are not in the manual. Read it (and also avalilable for other types of Nikon cameras).

5.0 out of 5 stars Unravelled the mysteries of my new camera, 24 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I have to say that I am SO pleased I bought this book to help me get to grips with my D5000. Whilst I have been taking photos since I was a little girl(some 50 years ago, thanks to my Dad's enthusiasm!) my knowledge of 35mm photography and click and shoot digital was tranferred into a 'different language' when I bought my dSLR.I have little by little begun to understand my camera thanks to this publication . Well presented , great photos and very easy to understand -not a replacement for the manual but helps you understand how to apply it to your camera, with useful links to it. Thoroughly recommend it -off to do a session of aerial photography this weekend - now with the confidence to do so!

5.0 out of 5 stars so helpful!, 12 Jun. 2011
M. Warren (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
This book is really helpful. it takes you through all the camera settings clearly and with good illustration pictures. it also has assignments at the end of the chapters to put what you have learned into practice. i highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful... for a beginner, 27 April 2011
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Having recently purchased the camera I was looking for some extra guidance both on the camera and photography in general. As a first time DSLR user i thought this fit the bill, it is easy to read, has some great examples and is generally a useful companion to a novice user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps get the most out of you and your new camera, 27 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Easy to read and understand. This book is a useful addition to the camera manual as it explains what all the settings are for and when to use them.

There are assignments to complete at the end of each chapter which help you to learn all the tips and techniques covered in the book.

There are also 2 additional chapters covering accessories and video which are available for downloading for free from the publishers web site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from a relative novice, 21 Feb. 2011
A. J. Thompson (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
I'm a late starter in this field, and there's much better people out there who could critique this book. However, that said, and for what it's worth I think think the book is excellent in both value and content. In general the chapters are short and concise, with very good explanations and facts about the topic in question. It's obvious that the guy know's what he is talking about. Each chapter finishes with some simple practical exercises, which I'm looking forward to giving a tryout. Bottom line - I'm leaning more about both the D5000 and photography in general and therefore can easily recommend it.

Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Jeff Revell (Paperback - 9 Aug. 2009)