2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 April 2010
S. Duncan "SED" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Adobe FrameMaker 9 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) (Paperback)
I found that many of the exercises did not follow the instructions in the book. The results were not as described and many of the instructions were, in any case, illogical. I am a professional technical author. I am required to move to FrameMaker and thought that this would at least give me a head start when in fact it has shown me that I am actually better off just playing with the application. Since I put the book down and just attempted document creation I have progressed much faster, but I also feel that FrameMaker is probably best learned in a classroom. The best this book gave me was an overview of the application layout.

This is the only book I found on FrameMaker 9 and there are very few on earlier versions. Perhaps, if I ever become sufficiently proficient and have the time, I might write one. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Adobe FrameMaker 9, classroom in a book review, 14 Feb 2011
OK, as totally new user.

The book is good, the package it is written for is not.

Adobe not intutive unless you grew up with it.

Why would people choose this package, unless forced to?

Makes microsoft publisher seem like a quality product!

Adobe FrameMaker 9 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
Adobe FrameMaker 9 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) by Adobe Creative Team (Paperback - 13 Oct 2009)
30.62