Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 August 2010
I bought this soon after I bought the first book, Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9. I have been using Logic since around 2002 and it just gets better with every new version. As I'm doing a lot of session work by email now I felt it was time to get serious with the program. I have learned so much from these two books that I even amaze myself. It is so clearly written, with a DVD of examples to work through for each lesson, along with screen captures which match exactly what you are seeing on your screen. I cannot recommend these two titles highly enough. They have made my day so much more efficient and have shown me bits of the program that I never imagined existing. I love Logic and I love this century!
on 19 October 2011
i recommend you to buy the "first" book first, before you start working with this one. but if you already have purchased the other one, then this one is the perfect sequel. a good follow-up and the same work-process as the first book. so if you have the other one, then you're familiar with how it works. the difference between the books is that this one goes deeper than the first book. this one has more depth and more focus on mixing.
on 8 January 2011
If you have some knowledge of Logic, this book will definitely open your eyes and boost your knowledge to another level. It's packed with real audio projects, giving understandable tuition with you at the helm making hands on edits etc. The lessons presented, cover all aspects of what a musician on any level will need to create real audio projects on a day to day basis. With some training books, you get the feeling that some of the info provided, would never be used by the majority of aspiring trainees in the real world but this is definitely not the case with this one. I can't put it down. Logic Studio is a fantastic DAW and this training book does it proud.....don't miss out!
on 5 June 2013
Perfect Book for anyone that read the first book, "Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9" and still had questions that needed answering, then this is the book for you and for also those that wish to know more about Logic Pro.

Would recommend however reading and learning from the first book first before using this one
on 15 June 2011
Great book that in a concise and straight forward way describes some essential need to know principles in modern music production within Logic.

I haven't tried the included audio examples since the well written explanations clearly do the job for me and are easily transferred to my current projects. Still as a fairly experienced, yet self taught Logic user, this versatile book exposed some obvious weaknesses and revealed new areas where to focus. Just generally improving my workflow.

With some areas left untouched I definitely will recommend this book if you need to sharpen your knowledge of the excellent piece of tool that Logic really is.

Reading this book makes me appreciate Logic even more, so all in all: Great reading, great tips!!!
on 11 February 2011
Just downloaded this for Kindle and found out it relies heavily on example files. Does anyone have any clues as to where I could get these, or have I just wasted a load of money?

Great book otherwise.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2012
Very very very helpful book. For the more experienced producer this book will enlighten you to many many features that you did not even know existed within logic! Must buy tool for any producer. Very good lessons and very user friendly. Excellent
on 27 February 2013
These training books are a must. Very good, and very fast delivery to Ireland.

Training DVD, step by step tutorials to follow along with intermediate to advanced techniques explained thoroughly.

A must buy.
on 21 June 2016
Still applicable for Logic Pro X. Extremely clear exercises to follow, definitely a must for expanding the user's knowledge in Logic.
on 17 January 2015
very well explained difficult topic