5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Scott Kelby
I'll start by saying that this is extremely similar to the CS3 version of the book, but it's still well worth getting hold of. There are some new hints and tips, as well updated parts that cover the new functionality of CS4.

Published on 9 Mar 2009 by Mike Le Gray

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointment :-(
Published on 17 Feb 2009 by BLONDE~*~MUM!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Scott Kelby, 9 Mar 2009
This review is from: The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Paperback)

He's also now included a chapter on HDR. This includes not only how to process the images in Photoshop, but also how to process them using Photomatix, which pretty much everyone accepts is the best tool to use for tonemapping multiple exposures.

This is a well written book and like all of his others that I've bought, has helped to improve not only my Photoshop skills, but also my photography skills. I have come to rely on his easy-going style and very clear steps to help me get the most out of Photoshop and my camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Kelby does it again, 17 July 2009
Mr. M. Holmes "Mike" (UK) - See all my reviews
Another great book for Scott Kelby
I had the previous books from Scott for Photoshop CS3 and found The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers great read will lots of superb tutorials. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to get the best from Photoshop CS4.
I expected this book to be a revamp of the old CS3 book and in a way it is but still has lots of great stuff to learn. You will not be disappointed with this book.
Some readers have complained about Scott's humour in his books but don't let this discourage you from purchasing this edition. Personally I don't find his humour of putting at all.
I have quite a few books from the Kelby camp on Photoshop from CS2 to CS4 and find they have not only improved my Photoshop techniques but also they have made me thing about the subject before I press the shutter
I look forward to more publications from Scott and my next purchase will be CS4 Down and dirty tricks.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Adobe Photoshop CS4 book for Digital Photographers, 8 Mar 2009
Terence J. Pearce "TEZ" (Australia) - See all my reviews
A great addition to any CS4 users library. Very clearly written with lots of illustrations. This not a definitive guide but in a lot of areas is easier to use than some of the more exhaustive guides like the books by Martin Evening which I also bought. Terry Pearce

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointment :-(, 17 Feb 2009
I just Loves Scott Kelbys Books and have many. He has taught a complete photoshop novice over the years to do some sunning things in photoshop. I bought this book when i up grades to the new CS4 and was disappointed as i have the CS3 version of this book and it is almost the same. New photos and different cover but covers almost all the same things. So if you have the CS3 book don't bother with this one, if you don't it is a fantastic book from the Master of Photoshop!

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb book, 16 Aug 2009
B. D. Gerrard (UK) - See all my reviews
I have been using Adobe Photoshop for many years now. This book I would highly advise anyone new (or even old) to either CS3 or CS4 to purchase. Many people are put off from using Photoshop due to its complexity (which it can be). Scott Kelby has opened the door with easy to understand instructions how to do most of the major things needed for the Digital Photographer. It is written in such a way that it is not only easy to understand but easy to remember. His section on using RAW is quite an eye opener and is a must for people new to it. Most of this book with a few minor exceptions is relevant to CS3 as well, it is well worth the money so would I advise, purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe PHotoshop CS4 Book for Digital PHotographers, 24 Mar 2009
J. Ryding "Didimus" (Wales) - See all my reviews
If you're a digital photographer and you've bought Photoshop CS4 then this book is an absolute must. I bought the previous edition for Photoshop CS3 and was very impressed so I had no hesitation in buying the latest update. I would also recommend Martin Evening's book "Adobe Photoshop CS4 for Photographers' as I consider this book to be another essential buy. These two books complement each other very well and contain all that anyone would need to use CS4 successfully.

Jack Ryding

5.0 out of 5 stars The top authority on photo retouching., 1 Aug 2009
Mr. M. Yahya "Ihsan Yahya" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I'd recently went on a photography course at Central St. Martins and it was great at teaching me the photo taking aspect of photography. Unfortunately there was less time to build our knowledge on the other side of photography, the photo retouching. So they recommended the Scott Kelby books to fill in the gaps.

Though this book was meant for Photoshop CS 4, you could really just follow the fundimentals taught in the book with earlier versions of Photoshop or even Photoshop elements.

It's clear, well presented and great value being cheaper than a lot of the other guide books. You really get a sense that you're doing things right when you follow the steps these books recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, 28 May 2009
Mr. C. Hughson (Shetland, Scotland) - See all my reviews
If you have Photoshop CS4 and a digital camera - buy this book.
Read other reviews, they say the same thing.
It really is that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to know how to do the things you want to do - buy this book!, 26 Nov 2009
C. Bytheway "Aspect Photos" (South Korea) - See all my reviews
I am a newcomer to Photoshop and this was the book I bought, because I love photography and I wanted to learn Photoshop. I love this book. The way it is written is just great. I am sure there are more advanced books out there but for me this one provides me with the answers to the questions I have about Photoshop.

The explanations and the way it guides you through the exercises is easy to follow and your results will amaze you. Well mine amazed me, and drove me to be more creative with my photography. Knowing what I could do with Photoshop once I had the image or images was always in the back of my mind. This changed the way I looked through my camera lens.

I would recommend this book to any Photographer who wants to learn Photoshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars My number one reference, 17 Nov 2009
J. A. Banks (UK) - See all my reviews
I have copies of Scott Kelbys books from the CS2 version,CS3 version and now the CS4 version. The books arenot user manuals that detail what evry control and button does but it covers real life tasks that photographers want to do evry time they run photoshop. His style of writing makes the operations easy to follow and understand.
In my view it's a must have bible for any serious photographer using Photoshop.

The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
27.20