4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book
I was very sceptical about purchasing this book - I saw Flash as a complicated skill to learn that would take years of perfecting. I was proved wrong in an astonishing way.

Published on 11 Oct 2009 by Miss Hancock

1.0 out of 5 stars Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!
I don't know whether I'm particularly thick, but I can't seem to get anywhere with this book.

I usually buy the QuickStart guides as I find them nicely paced and with just enough detail at any given point, but decided to buy this on the strength of the reviews.

Published on 2 Oct 2009 by Bet Noir

1.0 out of 5 stars Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!, 2 Oct 2009
This review is from: Adobe Flash CS4 Professional: The Official Training Workbook from Adobe Systems (Classroom in a Book (Adobe)) (Paperback)

The major irritation for me is the lack of explanation as to why things are the way they are; a short paragraph leaving the reader none the wiser is usually all there is.

Poor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 11 Oct 2009
Miss Hancock "Lizzie H" (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews

This book is absolutely fantastic - in 10 easy steps you learn how to create the most detailed graphics and animations, something I never thought I'd do. But after the first few "Lessons" I was feeling more confident. My favourite lesson has to be Lesson 4 where you create something which wouldn't be out of place on an official movie website. All the graphics are provided on the disc, so it's simple and easy to get started. My only problem I had is that it skips a few steps in later lessons - it presumes that you'll know how to create the other elements that are already there for you, but reinforcement is needed to help you remember.

Considering you can pay hundreds of pounds for lessons on how to learn Flash, I'd say don't bother. This book is fun, informative, and cheap. You never feel out of your depth and it just talks you through the steps in a way that anyone could understand - I haven't been sat at my chair thinking, "What is it talking about?"

Would definitely recommend this book - perfect for beginners right up to those who want to refine their skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Flash!, 17 Nov 2009
I'm a Graphic Designer who needed to build my website, and wasn't prepared to pay another designer to do the job!. So I decided to make the plunge into learning Web Design with Flash and bought this book to learn the basics. I'm so happy I bought this book. It provides great lessons on getting to grips with Flash in a simple & intuitive manner. I can't say enough good things about this book.

However, the Actionscript (the Flash coding language) lessons in this book are VERY basic, so I would advise anybody buying this book to also purchase a book which solely teaches you Actionscript 3.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, good pace and informative, 29 Sep 2009
Steve Johnson "Steve Johnson" (Skye, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This book covers a wide range of topics including the new Motion Editor and Inverse Kinematics which, when you do the lessons, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to tweak animations and create articulated motion. It is well paced and enjoyable and although not complex, you will certainly say "cool!" at least once unless you are a wizard on Flash in which case you shouldn't be reading this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn flash in10 easy steps, 16 April 2009
A. shackleton "Smiler68" (manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book... had to learn flash in a hurry, a week later I'd completed my first project of a 14 page online brochure and the client was well impressed...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book if you need to learn quickly, 22 Feb 2014
Bought this book as I needed to get the basics of Flash CS4 quickly and this helped me do it. This is no substitute for actual classroom or video training but I found it useful for reference and to get the basics quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 28 Oct 2012
I purchased this as a present for my grandson, apparently he had something that had sat in his draw that this book would be useful for. He said it even exceeded his expectations and was more than delighted with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 Dec 2010
Easy to use, great for people who are impatient like me and want to get on it quickly and understand the concepts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash training book, 14 Oct 2010
Really really good. I have done some online training courses in Flash before, and while they were okay, I found this book to be a lot more thorough, and really helped my understanding of the programme. The 10 lessons are easy to manage, and while each lesson is about two hours, the whole book doesn't seem like too much to cope with. I would really recommend whether learning from scratch, or if like me, you have a very basic knowledge but want to expand upon that.

5.0 out of 5 stars even i understood this, 24 July 2010
Just completed reading this book, and even though im thick as 2 short planks, i understood it. Its well written and explains things well,the only gripe I have it assumes you are connected to the net to access the help files, i used on a standalone so had no help files,why they didnt included at least a basic help file is beyond me.. well thats Adobe for you.