Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 August 2014
I swear by these books; I've never been one to read books, but I'll happily enjoy readying technical manuals. This combines text and graphics perfectly. In fact, I've learnt more from these books than any other, which is why I always return to Visual Quick Start Books.
on 16 November 2009
As a Flash Animator rather than a Flash Developer I've found this quickstart guide to Actionscript 3.0 great to get to grips with the programming concepts and syntax of Actionscript. Despite some negatives it has given me a lot more confidence in moving forward with Flash.

My disappointment with the book is just how poorly it has been proof-read. Every chapter there are typically 2 to 3 errors in the examples code. It's possible to spot most of these as you type them in as you quickly learn Actionscript's syntax but I still feel it hinders the readers progress and on the odd occasion when I couldn't get code to run correctly it had me skipping over parts of the book until I found another part I felt I could confidently get a handle on.
on 16 October 2009
Concise, clear, easy to follow instructions with simple examples to build upon. You will find no traces of Martian or Esperanto in this book - this is English at its best, using relatable analogies to explain new concepts! Whilst this book helps to update and consolidate previous ActionScript 2.0 editors, it is an optimum introduction to those who are new to the topic. A comprehensive guide, relevant and resourceful.
on 20 June 2015