on 4 June 2009
This book really does make lightroom simple. The book is broken down into sections to help you really understand how to get the best out of the program. Scott Kelby adds his own unique humour to the book but I don't think this takes anything away from the quality of the book. An example of how valuable this book has been to me despite only having it for a day or two is that my workflow has been reduced and I've i've been able to save some really noisy photos at the click of a button. Without the guidance from the book I'd have been stuck with noisy pictures forever!! Well maybe an exagerration but the books layout made it easy to find the page I needed to correct the problem. Would definately recommend the book.
on 18 December 2009
Kelby makes the often complex unknown areas of the software and it's real power come to life in layman's terms. This is what makes his work excellent.

If you're looking for a solution to getting the most from Lightroom and fear the learning curve, this book will flatten that curve in an instant! From workflow to output, this book not only instructs the reader, but proves a good and worthy reference as well. Much easier to digest than a formal manual, for me that's the brilliance of Kelby's writing. The humour may not always travel well, but in fairness he does acknowledge this.
on 23 February 2009
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
I also purchased Scott's CS4 book after reading Amazon reviews. I have other similar books and do try to read them as-and-when nothing else is happening. I'm an amature photographer and would rather spend two hours on my PC than 15 minutes using a good guide book.

BUT I personally do like Scott's style. The graphics, page layout and worked examples do make for very pleasent, informative and useful reading.
Each ten minutes I spend in his books is rewarded with a new trick.
on 7 April 2009
If you like Scott Kelby's rather quirky writing style then this is a great way to get into learning all about Adobe Lightroom. I am finding the book very easy to follow and the layout is logical in terms of the order of doing things. Scott advises watching a short video on his training site and I certainly found it a useful intro to the book. The images used in the book can all be downloaded so you can try out all the exercises yourself and this really helps them stick in the mind, which is important for an oldie like me! All in all, highly recommended.
on 5 February 2009

A fantastic workflow and digital editing book that every serious photographer should own. As usual Scott lays out his book in an easy to follow manner with key supporting material available to download practice for yourself.
on 30 April 2011
I wanted a book on Lightroom 2 and saw that Scott Kelby had written one. Based on his other book I have on Elements 7 I had no hesitation in buying this one as I knew it would be easy to read and understand and yet thorough in its coverage. All I need now is time to sit down and do some work in Lightroom....
on 15 July 2010
Brilliant book. Great for people who just need to "do" things instead of understanding every button. Only gave 4 stars because the delivery service from HDNL wasn't very good. First delivery wanted to give me a package, which looked like it was thrown in the toilet and then rolled over by the van.
on 13 April 2010
I found this book to have just the right balance of a chatty style and good solid content. I have looked at a couple of other books but found that this one has all the information you need in a readily accessible format.As far as I am concerned - highly recommended especially at Amazon price.
on 8 February 2009
I prefer Scott's book to other super thick, long winded 'reference' guides. His books gets me going very quickly and i can learn/try different topics progressively at my leisure. Highly recommended.
on 17 August 2009
This book leads you through all the steps to make best use of Lightroom 2. Well written in an easy going fashion with excellent clear illustrated examples. If you're new to LR2 buy this book.