5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book
As an amateur photographer I found the book to be compelling reading, being written in an engaging fashion and giving information in doses small enough to absorb with pleasure.

In addition to basic techniques and tips, you will also learn what equipment you require in order to improve your photography.

This is an excellent book which has helped me...
Published on 7 April 2008 by Colin

3.0 out of 5 stars Great - but for a very limited number of people
If you'd only read the first book and loved it, and haven't read anything else about photography, then this could be a good book for you.
Sadly for everyone else the book doesn't go into enough detail or give nice tips that you wouldn't know already. The format worked really well for book 1, but it just doesn't for this the second book.

Good points:...
Published on 30 Jan. 2008 by Adam "Reviewboy" Yorki...

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Megga, 30 May 2010
Mr. Norman Pimlott "Normski" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book Volume 2: The Step-by-Step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros! (Paperback)
My girlfriend told me I had to take a book with me on Holiday this year so she could have at least one day to lie by the pool/beach without me moaning "I'm bored"...
Saw the deal on Amazon and bought all three books, pretty new to DSLR photography and tried several other books that half the time I didn't understand. These books however were absolutely amazing, a mine field of information, set out in a way that even I could understand, there are so many obvious things in it that you wouldn't know without being told... Read all three books whilst on Holiday so now need another holiday to put it all into practice...
These books will now be in pride of place on my book shelf as a reference, should I forget something...Worth every penny, but not dear anyway

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for starting out, 22 Feb. 2008
As someone just starting out in photography I found the book really useful and easy to read. It's a good overall starter book. Scott cuts to the chase and avoids using too much technical jargon (his sense of humour was a nice change). It's definately given me tips on how to shoot better portraits. The only bad thing is that there are no consistent before and after shots (there are a few) and the concepts/skills described on each page are more of a summary, some more detail on the shots would have been useful.
However, I really enjoyed reading it and will probably refer to it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK 2 by SCOTT KELBY, 18 Mar. 2012
Amazon Customer (Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.) - See all my reviews
THE SECOND GREAT BOOK THAT AGAIN STARTS WITH THE BASICS AND LEADS YOU THROUGH VARIOUS PROJECTS TEACHING YOU EVERY THING FROM SETTING UP CAMERA & LIGHTING, TO TAKING THE PHOTOS, THEN WORKING WITH ALL ADOBE PROCESSES REQUIRED TO CLEAR UP EACH PICTURE THROUGH TO THE FINAL PRINT.IT'S STILL LIKE HE'S WITH YOU ON A SHOOT IN/OUT OF YOUR STUDIO ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS AS YOU GO ALONG. IT'S NOT A TECHY TYPE BOOK TREAT HIM LIKE A FRIEND, IT'S JUST SIMPLE SOUND ADVICE WITH PLENTY OF PICTURES AND SHORTCUT KEYS FOR BOTH PC & MAC'S. I READ THIS BOOK IN THREE OR FOUR EVENINGS ON MY PAD AGAIN. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY, YOU'LL GET SO MUCH OUT OF THIS BOOK AS WELL, I HAVE......THANKS SCOTT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Jan. 2012
I bought this book for my husband, who is a Photography fanatic, and he says it's brilliant, even the professional teachers use the books as a guide, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Digital Photography Book, 15 Jan. 2011
Easy to read and understand. Well set out in clearly defined topics. Makes clear sense of complex handbook operating instructions, techniques, and jargon. Simplifies technique in clearly-understood page to a project descriptions. Offers superb tips for obtaining stunning professional-looking photographs. One of the best practical camera technique handbooks I've seen and I've been taking photoraphs for over fifty years. Excellent value for money. The Digital Photography Book: The Step-by-step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros'!: 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as my other review...not much more to add frankly, 31 May 2010
Paul Hodgson "www.bof.uk.com" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
always produces books that are by and large, easy to digest. This book is no different. If you're interested in photography and want a quiet afternoon read that is informative, helpful and easy to put into practice, there's few other books that provide the insights Scott Kelby's book provide.

If you're buying them from amazon then you're not having to lay down a lot of cash and couple to the quality of these books, it makes a whole lot of sense to buy this book and have it handy to read and learn from.

Very worthwhile purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must, 21 May 2010
Mrs. Margaret G. Thomas "hot photos" (Argyll, Scotland) - See all my reviews
It does exactly what it says in the title. The step by step tips and hints are great. As a wildlife photographer I wanted to see if this could enhance my photography, it exceeded my expectations. It truely is a must for anyone wanting to update and improve their photography. I would aslo suggest that they buy book 1, 2 and three they really are worth the money and so easy to use. This is like having a pro' photographer at your finger tips when ever you need one, be it out in the field or at home just reading the book.
A real must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent photo book, 24 Jun. 2010
E. Thorpe (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
I have bought all three books in the series, these are excellent books, nicely presented and easy to read, I have picked up a lot of invaluable tips. There is a small degree of repetition in the books but otherwise they are the best photo books that I have come across. In comparison, other photo books are a jumble of text and pictures arranged haphazardly across the page which makes them hard to read and understand, Scott Kelby's books are like Apple Mac computers - uncluttered and elegant in their simplicity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snappy Writing and Tips (2), 9 Aug. 2014
This series was recommended to me by a friend. Don't pick it up and expect complex lessons in photography. As Scott Kelby says, think of this as a series of tips he would give a friend in a range of circumstances. Each bi-fold spread has a photo and a spiel about how to take the photo plus various equipment tips. I've found so many little useful tips in these books and a lot of food for thought. If nothing else, you'll never, ever, just take "walk-up" shots........

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice - in a trice!, 24 Oct. 2009
Scott Kelby has the knack of providing great advice in a very accessible way. When the whim strikes me to go out and photograph a particular subject, then I usually consult Kelby first. The index takes me to the subject area where I'll find several related topics, all concisely and clearly covered. It takes just minutes to do. Off I go with Kelby's simple but excellent advice in mind - and the results are better for it. Marvellous, don't hesitate, buy it (and Volume 1 too)!

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›