4.0 out of 5 stars Compressing, 20 Oct. 2008
William Mclaughlan (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple Pro Training Series: Compressor 3 Quick-Reference Guide (Paperback)
I found this book really helpful. I'm attending film school and we are asked to make DVD's of our work. I've also cut a trailer for a friend's film which has picked up an award at Raindance. I had to email her different versions of the trailer.

I'm very fluent with the Final Cut Pro software and am not an idiot when it comes to learning new parts of a workflow, nevertheless I found compressor very hard to get to grips with (we were given no assistance in learning the interface in school). If I'd not had this book as a reference point I think I would have spent a much longer time than I did trying to figure out how to help myself.

I may be doing an internship next year where I will be digitizing a lot of footage and I think I will get more use out of this book as it's very comprehensive and I found the clearly produced index and layout helpful in finding information quickly.

If you're having trouble compressing files on your Mac this book will help. It's offered for a very reasonable price here on Amazon as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 6 Feb. 2009
Very useful quick reference guide... well laid out enough to be able to pick up to find out a quick fact and well written enough to work through and learn the sections properly.
Good buy... money well spent.

Apple Pro Training Series: Compressor 3 Quick-Reference Guide