Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 December 2007
I had the first book from David Morris "Creating a web site in Flash 8" I found the book to have errors, some parts worked others did not do what they were supposed to do. I thought the second book may be different, it is just a very slightly different take on the first book. There are errors that throw you off, presumptions and many mistakes on the short cuts for Mac computers ( I think by the screen shots that he uses a PC). I would recommend Flash CS3 Professional Hands on Training by Todd Perkins. This has clear and precise instructions on how to get to grips with Flash, which, is a very complex application.
on 14 August 2007
This book makes an excellent job of acquainting a new user with Flash cs3. With the help of the downloadable content, you work through the book step-by-step until you've made a fully functioning flash website that implements a broad range of multimedia i.e forms, imported video, sounds, dynamic lettering etc.
As someone who is extremely computer literate but somewhat ignorant of web design software, working through this book allowed me to physically see the effects that each instruction was having - giving me much scope to play around with things and thus allowing me a deeper insight into the workings of Flash than through a dry reference-type book.
This is NOT a reference book, and isn't likely to be of interest to anybody who has used Flash before - but to the beginner, it's the perfect introduction - 90% practical and 10% theory (and very cheap).
on 13 April 2008
This book suffers from a very misleading title. It does not show you how to use the new actionscript 3 wich would be the point for a quickstart with Flash CS3 Pro, since that is the big new thing w CS3. Instead it is obviously a re-hash of an old book showing actionscript 2 wich is for Flash 8 or older. Why use CS3 Pro at all for oldstyle S2? Might as well stay in using Flash 8 then. A complete waste of money if you want to learn CS3. Very disappointing!
on 9 November 2007
I thought that reading this book would provide a good introduction to Flash but I found it pretty much a waste of time. You cannot learn very much from a book like this because you really need proper detailed explanations of the features and concepts involved, which only a more detailed reference style book can provide. I gave up with the book half way through and bought the Visual QuickStart Guide from the same publisher which I am finding to be excellent. I had no experience of Flash before buying these books - the QuickStart guide is easy to follow and perfectly suited to a novice.
on 4 December 2007
This is a great book to give you a flavour of what Flash can do for you and you can learn from it but not enough to go and do similar things yourself! It took me around 5 attempts to get right through the books instructions as the slightest wayward keystroke means you get off track and can never get back! Save it after each successful bit of progress (I ended up with about 20 files eg page50, page65 etc!). Take your time and it does make sense and you'll be amazed at what Flash can do and what a remarkably cheap book can show!

All in all a great way of seeing a wide range of Flash abilities.
on 24 September 2009
Just received this book and after looking through a few other books on the subject of website production have found this to be one of the best designed and layed out instruction books.
There are no leeps in the instructions to leave the uninitiated confused, and it ties neatly in with web side downloads.

I would recommend this book to anyone just starting out producing a web page. I even managed to use it effectively with earlier versions of flash.
on 30 December 2009
I bought this book for when I was in University two years ago as it was recommended to me by my Flash Lecturer.

It gives clean and consise information on how to set up Flash CS3 and get your first website working. This was all I really needed to build up my own Flash creations and this book was a good reference.

It is a great book for beginners. 4*
on 7 January 2010
It is a very good book and helped me so much it teaches you how to build a website from the begging even if you don't have any previous experience with flash you can use this book as well.