4.0 out of 5 stars Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a book

Published on 16 July 2007 by S. Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Very very very basic, 16 July 2007
S. Kelly (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
If you are absolutely new to Dreamweaver then this would be ok. It gives you a reasonable overview from which you could then experiment on your own. If you prefer to be spoonfed up to an intermediate level then it's not for you. I would have expected a lot more on the Ajax/Spry additions. The finished example for this chapter does not work properly in IE7 which is very shoddy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Honey, who shrunk the Classroom in a Book?, 3 Jun 2007
Holger Hallmann "mediabaer" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I was in a local bookstore and stumbled over a series which was usually quite useful to me as a design/media pro: The Classroom in a Book Series for CS3.

Because I got the CS3 Design Premium and worked with Freeway most of the time (and because a coop colleague works with Dreamweaver) I wanted to pick it up.

Luckily I flipped through it before I bought it.

It is not only shrunken in thickness, it was reduced to some (!) basics, some (!) details and some (!) references.

You may ask the following:

a) Will I be able to use Dreamweaver after reading it and worked through the tutorials? - Yes and no. Yes you might be able to use Dreamweaver but only in the way the tutorials work. Don't think you might get a grip of HTML, Java, PHP or AJAX in conjunction with Dreamweaver. This book is for starters only!

b) Is it as good as the really big and concise Classrooms of the past (esp. the ones for CS and CS2)? - No, it was shrunken in size and content. The old Macromedia Training Books were much more concise!

Okay, it is now fully colored and the binding is much better, but anyway: They are not a coffee table item - you have to get the grip of a soon-to-be-productive program!

Esp. because of my brilliant experiences with past issues of the Classrooms I can't recommend the new ones at all. They are too shallow for effective use.

Adobe stitched this with a VERY hot needle!

1.0 out of 5 stars Give it a miss, 31 Dec 2007
D. J. Shade (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
Having used Go Live 6 CIB previously I took a chance against the poor reviews CS3 has, and bought this book. It is not comphrehensive enough for the novice, or semi experienced user. I struggled to find basic information, if you want to design the sites they give on the CD this too has errors, nor are the fixes on the site they point you to, so all in all I am now going to try the non Adobe titles. I am not a professional web designer, so needed help with the transistion from Go Live to Dreamweaver, this book is not the one. Somehow the book has not been thought through, it is short of content and detail, poorly indexed and concentrates too much on the samples on the CD not on how too apply and construct for your own site. Go Live CIB was 582 pages, this is 300, things haven't become that much easier!
I think if I knew more then perhaps I could find the answers, but then also, I feel I wouldn't need this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a book, 18 Sep 2008
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I found this book easy to understand and it explained clearly each chapter and tutorial. I only knew the basics of Dreamweaver so this was right for me and gave me a starting point to learn more. It does show only certain ways of making up a web page and there are loads more but at least it gives you start. I arranged for myself to attend a Dreamweaver course after completing the book and found it extremely helpful to know the basics to start with!

If you already know the package you would get very frustrated as it is really for beginners. Something like the 'Dreamweaver Visual Quickstart Guide' would be more useful - I now have this too and it's far easier to understand after completing the 'classroom in a book'!

Now i'm on to Flash and have ordered that so you may hear from me again!

Happy reading...

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 - Classroom in a Book, 20 Jun 2009
A. ZADORA-CHRZASTOWSKI (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I purchased this book as I needed to learn the basics of Dreamweaver CS3. A very informative book which gives the user a deep insight into web design. Well worth the cost and a useful addition to your bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a good book, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
The book arrived duly. I can learn how to use the software by using the book. It is good. I am now not using it now and going to trade it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in the CIB series, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I don't think there is a better way to learn about dreamweaver. I love the CIB series of books and I couldn't complain about the quality, or anything else.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 20 Oct 2012
J. M. Maden "Fell walker" (Lake District) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I bought this book second hand as the price was right. It is as described, a bit tatty on the corners but that doesn't detract from what's inside it. The book is clean,unmarked, and has the exercises disc with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, not in great condition..., 14 Feb 2010
D. J. Harper "Presentwise" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
The book itself is pretty well written as it should be from the people who make Dreamweaver. Quite basic, but well rounded, just what you would expect form this product.
The copy I recieved from this seller however was not in great condition, quite a damaged cover.

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 Classroom in a Book by Adobe Creative Team (Paperback - 14 May 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01