4.0 out of 5 stars Learn OpenGL with THIS book
OpenGL Distilled is an excellent reference for developers who are new to OpenGL. It tackles platform specifics for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and makes use of GLUT and GLU in the core text so that focus can stay heavily on OpenGL itself.

Published on 16 Feb 2008 by Mr. S. J. Wakeling

1.0 out of 5 stars not so happy about it at all
I'm VERY sorry to be negative but...
I have purchased this book 2 weeks ago and I stopped on page 50. I'm a programmer new in OpenGL. This book is using too technical specifications, the examples does not work at the first time....and it was supposed to be for beginners?

have just now ordered the OpenGL redbook - looks easier to understand (we will see)
Published on 7 Nov 2008 by Miroslav Karpis

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn OpenGL with THIS book, 16 Feb 2008
Mr. S. J. Wakeling (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OpenGL Distilled (Paperback)

I learnt OpenGL with this book, and then progressed on to the main Programming Guide and Shader Language reference texts (the "red" and "orange" books). I still refer to this book quite often though, as it is so well written, it's often hard to beat for looking up an explanation of something.

This book covers features right up to OpenGL 2.0. It has the best explanation of how extensions work, and how easy they can be to manage, that I have seen anywhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars not so happy about it at all, 7 Nov 2008
Miroslav Karpis (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OpenGL Distilled (Paperback)
I'm VERY sorry to be negative but...

ARRAY(0xaf2bb84c)

OpenGL Distilled
OpenGL Distilled by Paul Martz (Paperback - 27 Feb 2006)
22.23