5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 6 Oct 2006
James Stewart (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe InDesign CS2: Classroom in a book (Paperback)
I bought this book to create a brochure for the business. The book walks through the basics and then onto more the advanced interesting things.

Within a week, I had what I thought was a great brochure. Be aware you need to have photoshop too. This is really pagemaker underneath and is great for page layout. You will learn about printing and layout terminology but if you know it already it makes some of the lesson go quickly.

I've had it now about a month and rejigged the brochures which traditionally would have been so tedious I would have left well alone. Now it took an hour to change the layout and tranfer (drag and drop) the images and text from one design to the other.

HAs some really brilliant ideas, if you paste text into a box and the area is too small, you can create another text box, link it to the first and the "missing" text continues. If you change the font size so it takes less or more room, it automatically adjusts it.

It is also good as a reference, when the "I have forgotten how to do..." happens.

It can export the document in the usual formats required by printers (the press not the laser). It handles printing to the printer really well too, with all kinds of options (cutlines, bleed etc etc)

If you want to make and update a brochure/document/book it is fab.

Good luck...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal and fast delivery., 11 May 2013
This review is from: Adobe InDesign CS2: Classroom in a book (Paperback)
Why should you buy a expensive £15 magazine about InDesign when you can have this great book for much less? The answer is you do not have to : Get this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adobe InDesign CS2: Classroom in a book, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Adobe InDesign CS2: Classroom in a book (Paperback)
Cannot give fair review as not yet had chance to start reading it due to being busy, but thanks anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 8 Jan 2006
This review is from: Adobe InDesign CS2: Classroom in a book (Paperback)
I knew I wanted to do a bit of web site design but had only worked with Publisher and FrontPage and really unhappy with the results. I bought GoLive but then realized I had no idea what to do with it now that I had it. Got this book along with a couple of others, this has been a great resource. I am building my webpage and it is really looking good. With the help of this book I am learning how to use the Adobe CS2 Suite to real advantage. This book walks you through the steps of working in the environment all the way to putting it on the ftp site to be a working webpage. I am really pleased with the results so far and know that as I work through this the second time my skills will only improve. As a beginner it is a great help and as I have learned I have gone back to pick up the things I missed the first time around. Well worth the investment.

Adobe InDesign CS2: Classroom in a book
Adobe InDesign CS2: Classroom in a book by Adobe Creative Team (Paperback - 18 July 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01