5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have book for your desk
If you are using Adobe Photoshop, and not an expert user (or even if you think you are), then buy this excellent book.
Published on 29 Jan 2006 by Mr. J. W. Potts

2.0 out of 5 stars Great, but no CD
An excellent book, but sent without the CD, so very limited in its usefulness. All sellers of used books should make it clear whether the CD is included or not.
Published 14 months ago by Anthony Stamp

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have book for your desk, 29 Jan 2006
Mr. J. W. Potts "john_potts" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
A complete beginner would be advised to read this book from cover to cover (although this tends to bore me to tears) and the more experienced user could always learn something new from this book. I've been using Photoshop for many years now, but it seems that I can open the book at a random page and learn something new everytime.
If you already own a previous version of this title, then you will find little new in this version apart from the updates that have been made to the previous versions of the software itself.
I find that a good companion to this book on the shelf is 'Photoshop CS for Dummies'. The two titles complement each other on the various technical details of Photoshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all levels of ability, 12 Jan 2006
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I am a reasonably confident user of photoshop but felt that I needed to update my skills now I have upgraded to CS2. I found this book to be very helpful, giving me lots to try, the chapters were structured so that you could dip in and out of the book, so if you needed to learn about a particular function you could. The excercises were useful, giving me the opportunity to actually work on a live file rather than just read instructions from a book.
The excercises at the start of the book are fairly basic, allowing even new users to Photoshop to pick up necessary skills for creating their masterpieces. This book would also be useful for anyone who enjoys digital photography and wants to learn how to "tweek" their images, remove red eye and take out imperfections.
I shall be investing in the Illustrator and InDesign books now too!

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I knew a lot, 5 Jun 2006
Anon (Wellington, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I thought I'd give this a go, cause it was 50% off. I've been using photoshop for work and pleasure since '98, and am proud to be self-taught. I've pretty much got the hang of doing anything I want to do, and like all photoshop users I know, have my own particular way of doing things. After only completing the first couple of lessons, I have learned masses of stuff. Nothing ground-breaking, nothing new, just better ways of doing what I already knew.

I once had a maths teacher who explained things in three different ways. The first time half the people got it, the second time 98% of the class understood, and the third time meant that everybody could go away having learned something. This book is like that - it teaches you how to do things in different ways - of course this may seem long-winded, but in the end it makes for much more effecient work.

I've ordered a couple of others from the series now, because I can see that just by reading through them I will work much better. Oh, and the pictures are so good, that I can read and understand it without being anywhere near the computer (although that's cause I'm familiar with the workspace - if you were new to photoshop you'd have to sit at the computer).

The information is heavy and serious, but it is broken up into managable bits, and instead of going away feeling like I've slaved away, I put the book down feeling that I have achieved something. It's also part of the official training for becoming an Adobe Certified Expert - which can't be a bad thing...

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect companion book, 24 Jan 2006
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
When i started using this book i knew nothing about photoshop. i had tried online tutorials but most were confusing and not very well explained.
This book goes at a very nice pace, after each lesson you feel you have learned something. It doesn't go into every effect, what it gives you is a complete overview of how to do things. Once you put the book down you feel you can do anything you want to photoshop.
Since buying this book edited many photo's, created some banners for webpages i have been building and i have been having fun turning my male friends into females.
Its a great book, I strongly recommend this for people with no knowledge of photoshop and people for who feel like they could get better aquinted with photoshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must for some extra Photoshop tips, 25 Jan 2007
C. Edwards (E Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
Being a frequent user of Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator I wanted a book to tell me things I may not of yet discovered about the programmes. This book is really helpful, I have found out a lot of new tips and tricks and other ways around problems I have come accross previously with photoshop. The tutorials are generally very good although there are some that focus on very basic skills. If your not that hot on retouching images properly i'd buy this book as it has really helped me to learn and develop an undertanding of the healing brush, patch tool and even the magic erazer that i have never bothered to use before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop for the Artistically Challenged, 24 Nov 2006
Amazon Customer "Alien Stunt Ferret" (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
This book is brilliant! It got me up and running in no time at all, and has even proved a great source of inspiration. Not bad for a completely artistically challenged artphobic!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great easy to use book for building Photoshop skills, 1 Oct 2007
J. Potter "johniebg" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
Although familier with photo editing and graphics packages Photoshop has always appeared to me as this mythical nirvana used only by true digital photo and art buffs. So it was to this book that I initially turned to cut through the dizzying array of features and begin learning how to use the package. I was not dissapointed.

Coming with a CD with all the images you need for the lessons detailed within the book, you step through the fundamentals and several key features required for understanding the interface and getting excellent results simply and easily.

The book is not going to leave you as a Photoshop expert but it will give you the condfidence to work with the software and achieve remarkable things - mostly in the management and editing of photo's. The lessons are very clear, well written and there are no typo's that I noticed. Having tried out several other books you realise just how simply clever the presentation here is.

Having worked through all the tutorials this book now sits on the back of my desk and is a constant resource as I build on the skills learned to widen my use of Photoshop into art.

I must have I would say for any starter to intermediate user.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent self-teach guide, 14 May 2008
A. Byrnes "Andie" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I bought this book some time ago and have only just got around to using it to try to get to grips with Photoshop CS2. I have tried other books and became somewhat disheartened that the instructions in the books didn't match up with what was happening on-screen. Many of them missed out critical steps which is confusing and terribly time wasting.

This book is different. It is not a look-up reference book - it is an entire beginners course and needs to be used as such. It is clear, straight forward, starts off with interesting tasks and never lets one down. The colour images are terrific. More than anything, the keyboard tips which help you to make the most of the on-screen tools are excellent.

There is a lot to learn and remember, but the end-of-chapter revision questions are helpful and you can always go back and re-do a chapter. What is more, when you actually know what the book contains you can then use it as a reference - you might forget how to carry out a task but you will remember that the book has the answer so you can go back and look it up.

Once you have worked your way through the book you will almost certainly be able to work out how to use aspects of Photoshop that the book doesn't cover. Photoshop is a massive application, and this book is an introduction, not an encylopaedia - unsurprisingly you will need to move on to a book covering the next level or work it out for yourself if you want to advance.

I love this book. Instead of regarding Photoshop as some impossible peak to conquer it has become my new best friend. The book facilitates learning, which so many books don't.

I'll be buying the series for the other bits of Creative Suite CS2 sitting on my PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
This the official Adobe book to have if you want learn how to master Photoshop. Easy to use and understand It can be used as a step-by-step course program using the included CD-ROM or as a convenient dip into any-time reference model. I have used previous editions of this book over the past 12 years and found them invaluable.

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy to follow Book, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book (Paperback)
I like this easy to follow book the instructions make it easy to perform many tasks in Photoshop without going astray like i would by experimenting so saving time. I like it!

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Classroom in a Book by Adobe Creative Team (Paperback - 24 May 2005)
28.79