5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to read & very practical
This book describes how you can make money online using Google's advertising campaign from start to finish. Websites can show advertisments placed by Google & for every visitor that clicks on it, the website owner gets paid.
Published on 27 Jan 2006 by Danny C. G. Lim

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some time and go to www.google.com/adsense
This book is without any doubt THE MOST PADDED-OUT and disappointing book I have ever read, and I buy about 20 books per year about the Internet, usability, web development, etc.
Published on 2 Feb 2006 by Mr. S. Mcadam

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some time and go to www.google.com/adsense, 2 Feb 2006
This review is from: Make Easy Money with Google: Using the Adsense Advertising Program (Visual Quickstart Guides) (Paperback)
This book will give you a basic understanding of how to use Google AdSense programme in practical terms, but it could have been written in a quarter of the words more effectively. Further, almost everything you will find useful about the Google AdSense programme in this book can also be found on the Google website, in a more usable form.
In order to make this subject matter simple and approachable, the author has written it as he is explaining the AdSense programme to people completely new to it. However, this approach leads to pages and pages of tedious detail, about who's house they met at, who got up to get the coffe, etc.
Most worryingly, the title of this book is a little misleading, as there are so few golden nuggets of information to help you make money from the Google AdSense programme (other than simply signing-up for it), like how to increase traffic to your website, or how to structure content for high search engine rankings. Even though I was quickly frustrated by the style of the book, I was motivated to keep reading to get the end where I assumed the really useful hints and tips would be, but they never came.
In summary, save yourself a couple of days and go straight to the Google website for information about the Google AdSense programme.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time or money., 11 April 2009
Martin Koss (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book thanks to the good marketing of Amazon. I was sent one of their emails offering books 'like' what I'd bought previously and, well, the price was right, the subject matter appealed to me and so - yep - I fell for the marketing and clickity click - another tenner lighter I waited for the book.

I was actually looking forward to this one because I had been toying with the idea of getting into the whole 'adsense' thing and just wanted something I could read at nights in addition to researching online.

I started reading it last night about 10pm and the first few pages put me to sleep nicely thank you. After a good sleep, over coffee and weetabix I read a few more pages - well, to be honest I'd started 'scanning' the content by now because the 'story telling' style of writing was boring me so much and - like all of you - I have a life to live and I found myself getting old waiting for something juicy to happen...

As I scanned the first few sections I soon realised the methods and ideas were old - to me that means over a few years old - in Internet terms that is like being decades old.

If you know absolutely nothing about the internet. Never heard of how to buy a domain, no idea what hosting is, and have never, ever created a page or a blog or a site and are about 5 years old doing everything for the first time - then this book may help you to understand a few things - otherwise, get on Google and look up a few blogs and sites about Adsense, even Google's own Adsense site is a better read.

(quick side step) The writer almost lost my interest on the first page of section one when he dropped in the phrase 'elevator pitch' I thought - oh gosh, here we go - some guy who wants to let us know that he knows sales and marketing jargon... (side step over with)

However, after scanning a bit, I ended up coming back to page 63 where the writer throws in a few URLs on his website... That no longer exist!

Yes. The addresses he published at the top of page 63, addresses that HE controls on HIS OWN website, no longer exist. Well done Mr Gig... whatever. That was the point the book became a coaster. It's a shame that Amazon insists that I give it 1 - 5 stars, it doesn't deserve 1.

My invoice for the wasted couple of hours is in the post.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to read & very practical, 27 Jan 2006
Danny C. G. Lim (London,UK) - See all my reviews
THe author shows you every step from designing your website, hosting it & how to get google adwords and finally publicising it in easy to understand language. He does this via a narrative with 3 characters who are new to web publishing.
I myself have very little IT or web-design experience. But in 2 weeks, have created a fully functioning web-site from scratch and am now hosting advertistments! THis book has been a big source of advice & tips all the way.
A must if you plan to do something similar & are new to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adsense Easy Money - Follow the book and read it, 4 Dec 2005
Hi,
I am an internet marketer , was fairly new to the scene and started getting involved after hearing about adsense and what it was. I came across this book and it took the whole mystery out of adsense, what it was but most importantly how to set up adsense and how to profit from it. Its a very casually written book which I like, because when you are new to something like this it is beter if the writer is talking to you in a casual manner buy not detracting from the main points.
I have seen Eric's ( The writer's) bio and he is an acknowledged programmer and marketer and he knows his stuff, and so considerring that fact he'e taken a complete different approach to this book. You should find that if you follow the simple steps you can in fact start to build up an additional way to monetise your site very quickly.
Great Book and great resources as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to read & very informative, 28 Jan 2006
Danny C. G. Lim (London,UK) - See all my reviews
This is the best book to start off with if you are new to google adsense or even just building a website. The book gives you a good grounding and goes throught the whole process of starting up a website all the way to earning money from advertistments on it.
It uses a easy to understand narrative, with 3 fictional characters. The jargon used is minimal & everything is explained. I can't wait for his next e-book to come out.
Buyers of the book also get extra resources online & his support once the website is online.

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally understand!, 4 July 2005
I bought your book "Make easy money with Google" last Thursday (2 days ago) and I almost read it twice since.
I finally understood how to prepare a Web site, to put it on the Net, etc. etc. I also used Nvu and following your instructions, it works verrrrry well.
I've been reading a lot of books and e-books, in English and in French, about these subjects, but it was hard for me to link all the steps in a whole process to get from A to Z, or at least, to W or X.
I'm retiring in February 2006 and I plan to publish e-books, mine and some from other people too, but there were few nuts and bolts missing. I want to master every step of the process myself to be independant if I encounter any difficulties and be able to fix things without waiting for a technician to solve my site problems.
I understood also how to set up a blog, and I used it to express a message very important for me.
The "conversations" in the book allow us to identify to attitudes or problems encountered as we try to make sense (and AdSense ;)) with all the Internet stuff.
Keep up the great work.